Jags vs Bengals in-game thread

Anyone watching this game tonight?

This is my first time getting to see Lawrence in the NFL.

I tell you what, I’m more than impressed at how well Joe Burrow is moving on that knee, he looks as good as new only 9 months removed from that horrendous knee injury.

1 Like

I need Robinson to not score anymore TDs

1 Like

I miss Marvin

That QB looks like he’s getting comfortable now….

Jags win and only four winless teams left!

When guys like Flacco and Ryan Mallet move around somewhat slowly people are like “oh but he’s so tall, that’s why!” But then guys like Lawrence and Herbert come along at the same height and blow that up.

Apparently Urban Meyer needs to be schooled on NFL football in that situation. Score a touchdown…up 3 scores. Kick the field goal…up 3 scores.

Now they are up 2 scores and I believe the Bengals get the ball to start the 2nd half.

They do

I still like that call though. High probability of getting a TD there, and if you don’t you turn it over on the half yard line

If you make it you are up 3 scores. If you don’t, you are up 2 scores and its Bengals ball after the half. Kick the field goal…and you are up 3 scores. If NFL football were a race to 50 every week it would make more sense. But its not. Alot of focus in the NFL is on changing the number of scores you are a
head (which extends the number of possessions the other team has to have the ball to beat you) and who gets the ball after the half.

I like being aggressive near the goalline but I think when you have a chance to increase the number of scores you are up right before the half when the other team gets the ball…you do it. One thing that frustrates me about ball placement (random comment) is if you turn the ball over at the 6 inch line…the refs don’t spot the ball at the 6 inch line. Its almost like they are told there is a minimum distance they can place the ball to the goalline on a play. I’ve seen guys come within inches of a score and the ball be spotted all the way out near the 1 yard line before. Its odd…unless there is a rule I don’t know about.

Someone needs to hang this in front of Urban during every game so he remembers where he is:

Yep, just like that it’s a one score game.

Sam Hubbard sighting. Somewhere, NYL is smiling.

They say fans are stupid and “trust the professionals.” But I swear there are a HUGE number of fans you could wake up in a drunken stuper…describe the down and situation…and they’d say with a slur “kick it and go up 3 scores” before passing back out. :rofl:

Drunk Wake Up GIF by The Boys

He pushed off, lol at Aikman.

Dang, I was hoping Mixon got the TD credit. I’m forced to start Robinson and Mixon in one of my leagues. I hate starting opposing RBs, particularly on Thursday night. Robinson got his score so if Mixon got in that would have been the best I’ve ever done when faced with that situation.

That one was for you sheslion! - RIP

Cincinnati Bengals Football GIF by Bengals
strong text

2 Likes

There ya go.

I need Cincy to win by at least 8.

Agnew was a good find by someone who will not be named.

That was a horseshit no call on the roughing. They know damn well every single one of their golden boys would have gotten that call.

And now they called back a holding call! WTF is going on right now? Its almost like the underlings have one agenda and the head ref has another! LOL

Both Lawrence and Burrow throw a pretty ball.