Jaguars just franchise tagged LT Cam Robinson

We agree that its significant. We just disagree on what it means.

I’m still not convinced they wont take an O-lineman.
It’s a one year tag, I’m sure he wanted more years…there’s a reason they dont want to make that commitment.

1 Like

I don’t disagree.

If anything i think the jags gave themselves the flexibility to not be pushed into a corner and NEED an OT with that 1st pick.

Doesn’t mean they won’t take one still.

2 Likes

plus…they’re the Jags. Aren’t they supposed to find a way to screw it up?
Fingers crossed…

1 Like

Vegas says Adian is the heavy favorite now so in my mind Willis becomes more of a option if Hutch is off the board KT and Walker are the only other options.

Prior to them spending $17+ million on an average OLT… I did think they might draft another one.

I’ll be curious about this one, but “I think” Robinson might sign that tender ASAP. If his agent is smart… he should.

I was shocked to hear it.

Wasn’t expecting it at all for a guy who has been average.

Taylor has struggled badly at RT.

I’m not either. They have a bunch of question marks along that OL.

Their likely going to lose Norwall so maybe they take an OT and play him at OG for a year.

This maybe as simple as them not wanting to start a rookie LT so their taking a 1 year rental on Cam. Will still draft a LT but play him at guard a year.

They do have a lot of question marks on that OL. This helps them solidify some of them. At least for another year.

1 Like

Last year he signed it in early April. I imagine it will be even quicker this time.

Some players dont like to sign it too early because it allows them to miss camp.

I would take the best player in the draft over a meaningless win against a team that had zero to play for. If the Packers needed that game, Rodgers would have played more than just a half and they would have won the game. Our victory was simple a moral one and for that we get hosed out of the best player in the draft. Sign me up for a hard fought game that we lose.

We should have at least put our backup in when GB put their backup in.
I think it was Mark Dantonio that said “pride comes before the fall.”
F. my life if we take Tibbidope
I’d even prefer that guy that can’t play a lick of QB but has the Uncle Rico arm.

Yep, that’s the way to build a winning franchise. Betray the effort of all the backups you promised to put in a position to win.

I’d rather lose position in the draft order than to lose the dedication or respect of my players.

And most of the board would be bitching “of course the Lions get the #1 pick in the draft in a year where there is noone worth the pick!”

No matter how much we lose, it never seems to be enough. Then when we do lose “enough,” the complaint is that nobody is worth the pick. Rinse and repeat every single year.

2 Likes

Weird, isn’t it?

It’s never enough until it’s 0-16 or you’re staring down the barrel of 0-17, then it’s the worst thing in the history of the league.

I’d rather win as many games as possible. I’m very much against tanking.

4 Likes

Ouch! Who do you think they’re taking, man?

Easy to say that this year. I mean the other leagues all have a draft lottery for a reason. Don’t tell me you would win a meaningless game if it cost you Connor McDavid.

This move points to jags trading out of pick 1OA. Willis at 1OA? Why not?

Honestly I thought for sure they would go OT if they stayed at 1OA.

So I’m guessing their trading out. But I still think OL is very much in play for them.

I’m 100% behind winning every game possible. Because of two reasons.

1. I think it’s easier to build on wins and harder to build on losses.

2. No matter where you draft you have to make good picks. So in my mind it shouldn’t matter if we pick 1OA or 32OA as long as we’re making good picks.

I’d love it if ppl were willing to trade up. I’d love for our guys to be able to trade back and get a nice haul. Doesn’t have that feel to me. It’s always so interesting to watch the dominos start to fall, once picks start being made.

Dr Strange could see MANY possible ways we could win in this year’s draft. As long as they take one of those paths, I’m good. Sure would be nice if Willis was the guy…AND worked out to be amazing.

Monster pass rusher would be great.
Adding many positions that dramatically improve the team speed would be a great outcome (WR and defense).
Even an OLmen that makes the OL invincible would be a good outcome.