Jahmyr Gibbs expects the Lions to utilize him in the same way he was at Alabama (Video Interview)

1 Like

I think he’s capable of being a 2,000 all purpose guy his rookie season.

3 Likes

That would be wild!

man prevails GIF

I was thinking more like 1500 yards, something like 750 each of receiving and rushing. Monty is going to get a lot of touches as well. I could see the 2 of them combining for 2500 all purpose yards for sure.

3 Likes

Short yardage, goal line, plus when Gibbs needs a blow from a 40+ yard gain.

2 Likes

I think we will see a lot of Monty in the backfield and Gibbs in motion, in the slot, and a WR.
I expect both to get 12-15 touches per game. That way hopefully they can stay healthy for the entire season and playoffs.

1 Like

They obviously intend to use Gibbs as a Receiver. They’ve already had him practicing out wide.

1 Like

In that vane, I wonder how he’s doing with timing routes? His official times are the fastest on the team.

A few prolific pass catchers… in 16 game seasons.

Faulk … ~ 1800 yards as rookie
Kamara… ~ 1550 yards
Reggie Bush… ~ 1300 yards

2 Likes

I think I’d put Jahmyr down for around 1200 total yards, 10 TDs as a rookie.

ARSB put up nearly 1200 in his second year. I would expect him to get at least that many this season.

Factor in Monty and Laporta who should be good for around 1500 between them and that leaves around 1000 more for the rest of the crew.

For Gibbs to get between 1500 and 2000, he’d have to rip off like a dozen 50+ yarders. Not impossible with his wheels and vision, but that’s really asking a lot.

3 Likes

You know how many offensive players surpassed 2,000 all-purpose yds last year?

One. Josh Jacobs.

In 2021? One. Jonathan Taylor.

In 2020? One. Derrick Henry.

In 2019? One. Christian McCaffrey.

Is Gibbs “capable”? I suppose. Not even quite sure what you mean to say by that. But given that Gibbs might not even be the primary back on the team, and surely won’t dominate the touches as all these other guys did, I’d say the chances of his sniffing 2,000 are EXCEEDINGLY slim.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least, man…even more.

Gibby …2,500 yards as a rookie!

■■■■…Yes!!

1 Like

So essentially better than any season Barry Sanders ever had. Natty is smashing Gibbs koolaid by the gallon.

3 Likes

They will use Gibbs how they see fit and when they want to, not exactly like an Alabama college team, this is the NFL kid.

not really assigning Gibbs a rushing total , because Montgomery is going to get plenty of runs, that will cut into the yards of Gibbs somewhat., I’d be very pleased if Gibbs got 1,200 yards this season.

1 Like

That seems like a more realistic yardage total.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.