Rams won this trade

6 Likes

If the Jags had drafted….

Justin Jefferson
Odafe Oweh
Chuba Hubbard

This would be a tougher sell….

2 Likes

I agree the Rams won the trade, however, a byproduct of the trade also has to include drafting Trevor Lawrence. Trading Ramsey caused the Jags to get the 1st overall pick, which became TL. Then the Jags used the actual Ramsey pick to select Etienne to pair with TL, but Etienne got hurt. Hopefully he can play this year, but I have no idea how a RB is going to do coming off of a lisfranc injury. This is the same injury that ended Teddy Lehman’s career.

1 Like

And Kevin Jones career too, didn’t it? Or did he read his Achilles? Could’ve sworn KJ had a lisfranc though…

Jones had a Lisfranc in 2006… and then an ACL in 2007. He only had 32 carries in 2008 and then was done.

1 Like

Man, this brings me right back to the 2004 NFL Draft.

Roy Williams
Kevin Jones
Teddy Lehman

2 first rounders, and a guy who was expected to be a 1st rounder who fell to us. Another year we “won” the draft. Another year that was about the only thing we “won”.

1 Like

Not accurate. Being a terrible team caused Jags to draft #1 overall (twice in a row). Having a single player like Ramsey (or Trevor Lawrence) wouldn’t (and didn’t) change that.