Jalen Ramsey requesting a trade

We may have already drafted our next outside corner in Obewankenobi, or whatever his name is.

Welcome Poppa!

Thanks. Expect another corner in the draft next year :wink:

We now have 4 different posters making star wars reference today… It makes me happy lol

This level of talent is rare to come onto the market. Him asking for a trade is a long way from the team allowing him to be traded. He is the type of talent worth our 1st rounder and something.

Welcome to the board, Poppa!

1 Like

This is not the trade you are looking for!

1 Like

Send them Agnew and a pick (3rd?) for Ramsey

1 Like

I’d a lot rather see Ramsey here than playing for KC next week. But there’s questions to be considered:

1. What’ll it take for Jax to trade him to us? The guy is really good, but he’s a problem for them and isn’t going to be in their future plans.

2. How much money does Ramsey want? How much guaranteed? My guess is up there around $15 mil/yr. He might be worth it though.

3. What do the Lions really think of Amani Oruwariye? Do they really see him as a starting CB next year and what do they think his ceiling is?

4. The Lions ain’t doing too bad with the secondary they got now, and that’s without the expected pass rush we thought we were going to get. I see this defense getting really good when Davis and Hand come back and Flowers, Daniels, and Harrison, get going. Not to mention Bryant coming back from the IR in the 2nd half of the season.

5. Between Ramsey and Slay, that’s a heckuva lot of money going to your 2 corners, plus what they’re paying Coleman. How are you going to afford to keep guys like Glasgow, A. Robinson. Daniels, etc., and others who are in their contract years?

Hey, it’s okay by me, it ain’t my money. That would be one kickass defense with Ramsey opposite Slay at the corners and the slot. Might have to get used to 13-10 scores, which is fine by me as long as we are the ones with 13.

2 Likes

Don’t think I’d be willing to give up a high pick in next year’s draft for him. We just don’t have an abundance of picks. Man, I wish we could have added some extra picks or had some compensatory picks coming our way in the next draft or 2. That little extra bit of draft capital could really go a long way to maximize this roster via trades like this.

I still think Quinn makes a trade before Halloween, just not sure it will be as sexy of one as this.

1 Like

use the force Quinn.

1 Like

Reports are they have an offer from a nfc team of 2020 1st and 2021 5th…dallas??

1 Like

Good possibility it’s Dallas but also a good possibility it’s Philadelphia?

1 Like

Really nice post from top to bottom - 100% agree. I think they like Oruwariye, and I also expect our DL to step it up 2 or 3 notches.

I’m good with it either way, but my deepest desire for Detroit is to get a Snacks-type trade again for the OL.

Someone posted a stat about Matt’s QB rating on plays where he was pressured vs plays where he wasn’t. It was like 98 to 147. Let’s protect this MFr with some people he can trust. You see it in the hesitation of the RBs too. They don’t just go for it, they don’t trust. I understand the zone blocking often requires a fraction of a second to read, but it’s often times, we don’t hit the hole quickly enough. You can see that the RBs and QB don’t trust the OL.

2 Likes

“Broooooo Jalen Ramsey just liked this post from a Lions fan”

3 Likes

Golden Tate’s sister is Jalen Ramsey’s girlfriend and baby mama. I know Tate still thinks highly of the organization so I’d imagine Jalen would be happy to come here.

Gonna be a pricey acquisition though. Maybe a one and a three.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of traded away 1st round picks, but getting Ramsey could be a big move for us. It’s the type of trade that makes us contenders.

1 Like

I always try to think about it like this when it comes to proven NFL players. If you had an early 1st round pick, you would be hoping the guy you took was as good as Ramsey. So the 1st round pick is a no brainer for me. The real question is how much MORE am I willing to give up for the guarantee that this kid is already good.

In reverse thinking, look at the 2020 draft. Pick the #1 corner in the draft. Would you spend a 1st round pick on him? Now, what else would you give up if someone could guarantee you that he is as good as advertised, instead of the tons of surprises that come with the NFL Draft? Let’s go back to Charles Rogers. We spent a 1st round pick on his potential. Would you throw in an additional 3rd round pick if it guaranteed Charles Rogers is as good as he is advertised to be? I know I would.

2 Likes

I hear what you are saying. With that said I see him going to the 49ers.

1 Like

3h

“Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, [and] Philadelphia Eagles.” -

@JasonLaCanfora

says these three teams have been most-linked in the Jalen Ramsey sweepstakes

2:12

75.1K views

Embedded video

1 Like

What’s interesting is that I guarantee you that at least half the league isn’t even entertaining the idea. And its why half the league is just another speed bump on other teams road to championships.

1 Like