Jalen Reeves-Maybin Returns

I just watched the replay of the 2nd game with vikes and Hockenson just torched Board over and over. I think JRM can do better than that in coverage. If I remember JRM just could not shed blocks. All his splash plays came when he was unblocked. He is fast!

1 Like

He was our best LB in 2021, but that was versus Barnes and Anzalone. Our LB room was a mess.

2 Likes

Welcome home, Jalen!

was JRM ever very good outside of ST?

Back To The Future GIF

2 Likes

Yes Girl GIF

2 Likes

Yeah he was balling for us. Atleast as good as Tahoe whitehead. Lol

I seem to remember him part of a few turnovers, causing and/or recovering them. Good enough to be overpaid by Houston, like Golladay in New York.

Agreed this is a ST signing. But his position is redundant w Pittman and Woods both being special teams aces and lb’s all 3 aren’t making the September 53……wonder who gets cut down the road.

2 Likes

I have assumed Woods will be back as well, but don’t believe that has actually happened yet. We did keep both Board, Pittman, and Woods on the team last year so I guess it is possible if Woods comes back. My guess is we keep 5 LB’ers and one of those 5 are not currently on the roster.

Anzalone
Rodriguez
Barnes
JRM/Woods
Rookie

2 Likes

Is that signing bonus exactly what it has to be for a vet minimum contract?

I agree that Pittman is on the bubble. I also agree that we’re likely looking at 5 LBs, as opposed to last year’s 6. The biggest consideration on that guess is that we’re getting deeper at DB.

2 Likes

You are right….I was wrong….woods hasn’t signed back up……

1 Like

Spielman
Barry
MC/DC
Kelvin Sheppard
Dre Bly
Shaun Dion Hamilton
Jarrad Davis
Glasgow
JRM

…working on Megatron

Lucas Till Macgyver Cbs GIF by CBS

I agree and see the same thing but only because we draft a Lb. Technically he just replaces Chris board

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I thought i had read woods had signed with NE. Must have been someone else

So funny that the entire den gets board and woods confused with each other lol it’s happened like 10 time already

1 Like

yup. I think we are at 6 right now??? and a rookie will be 7…

1 Like