Jamaal Williams Signs with Saints

I love jamaal. Total class act, with a flair that cannot be matched. :heart:

This was debunked

The Host of Locked On Lions basically said the same thing and people from the team reached out and said this wasn’t true.

1 Like

Jamaals agent overplayed his hand, and it cost jamaal. Jamaal knows it. Brad is shrewd. Jamaal should’ve had a batter handle on his agent. Look for changes maybe… although Jamaal knows what I just posted, so maybe not.

3 Likes

I figured Jamaal would be leaving regardless, so it doesn’t bother me a bit. In fact, with the Lions getting younger and better at the position, I’m quite happy about the swap of veteran RBs.

4 Likes

At the end of the day the Lions have a better RB who is younger!

Why does anyone need to be blamed!?

J-Will gonna be just fine.

3 Likes

If you search, he did say something similar during his first camp/interview with the Lions. He talked about how the Packers clearly didnt want him back based on their offer (or lack of it, cant remember exactly). So maybe this is just his normal schtick…maybe he uses it as a way to motivate himself or something. I liked Jamaal ok, wasnt as attached as most…I definitely felt like his TD total was a product of our line and not any special ability he had, so it would have been foolish to overpay. Im juuuust fine with how things worked themselves out.

3 Likes

whole thing sucks. If I didn’t know and trust who I know and trust then I too would believe Williams because you are 100% right, it is out of character what is happening for both sides. All I can say is…the agent ■■■■■■ up…he truly truly did…and it is really upsetting.

100% believe Williams feels hurt and betrayed and is lashing out… But I also 100% believe that he is mad at the wrong people or persons…the sad thing is I truly believe he wanted to be here and loved it here and he saw it as family. I believe that packer interview was genuine…he was Detroit…I believe…his agent is a ■■■■■■■ idiot…100%.

8 Likes

standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

4 Likes

They gave him his own webshow for weeks and posted them on the team’s social media account. I don’t think they’d do that if they had an issue.

Except he didn’t take any shots at the Packers. Talked about loving A’Rod, loving them. And made a joke about how the Packers didn’t want to date him anymore and now the Lions were “taking him to dinner and buying him gifts.” etc. Completely different if you have heard both pressers.

Loved JW but fair market value is what it is. The Lions sent a very strong message to agents for future negotiations. They offer a fair deal, provide a deadline and won’t be held hostage.

By following through on their word it sets a standard. They mean what they say and are not playing cute games or losing leverage by waiting on someone. If JW wanted to be here as much as he had lead on then he would be here. His agent played games and the Lions were not having it.

4 Likes

Straight forward from start to finish in all areas. High integrity. Love it. Would love to have had Jamal along for the ride, but he’s gotta honor his word too.
Love Jamal.
Love Lions.
Lions come first. They may have avoided a whole lot of mess in the future by handling it the way they just di d

2 Likes

Jamaal Williams, as far as I can tell by a Google search, is represented by Steinberg Sports & Entertainment. Leigh Steinberg is one of the top agents in NFL history and represents Patrick Mahomes and in the past has represented a literal who’s who of NFL and MLB stars.

Maybe he got a bad agent within the firm. I dunno.

This always made far more sense than Jamaal’s agent aiming for 10-12 million and the Lions slant along with it. Between the lowball offer they gave him - coming from the literal source himself - and how fast they moved to sign Montgomery, it’s clear Brad wanted to upgrade. Certainly defensible.

This is what I said as soon as those “rumors” started getting floated

Preach

That would be a shame, both for him, and for this fan base. And it would send the wrong message to the players about the culture here. Come to Detroit, work your tail off, be a leader, then when it’s time to negotiate - we’re going to give more money to a younger replacement and leak negotiation info to the media so the fans like you less on the way out. Not exactly the vibe that’s going to get players lined up in the future if that’s how things start to play out moving forward.

1 Like

The media dept likely loved it

1 Like

Montgomery wore a C on his chest everywhere he went. He’s a leader in his own right.

I get the playing catch with the fans before games angle but come on I feel like guys are really overblowing it…
You guys mean locker room culture or just some type of tailgating culture amongst fans? Maybe I’m missing something?

3 Likes

Did you see his speech during Hard Knocks?
Or the interview after they beat the Packers in week 17?

Those are the ones the fans were privy too. That’s a leader and it will be missed.

4 Likes

I think Montgomery has HATED being the #2 RB in Chicago behind Fields.

I think Montgomery hated going against stacked boxes all the time.

I think Montgomery is going to thrive in our offense.

I think Swift is likely the least excited about this move as it could mean even less carries for him in a year where he wanted to excel as he becomes a FA next year.

6 Likes