Jamaal Williams Signs with Saints

You could very well be right. And the Monty deal is basically a 2 year deal when you look at the contract, plus he’s younger than J-Will and most importantly better.

2 Likes

Pretty affordable.

7 Likes

Really seems the Lions had their sights set elsewhere to me.

14 Likes

Well based on those numbers it appears we wanted an upgrade…even though he means alot to the locker room!

8 Likes

Yep even my 3 years 15 was too high.

Alvin Kamara will never score another TD in a backfield with Jamaal and Taysom Hill

1 Like

Less money than Montgomery got. Interesting. I wonder where the 10 million a year thing came from? That feels like random internet “rumors” from someone’s best friends cousin who used to be a ball boy 15 years ago type of thing

1 Like

Taking notes for fantasy football.

What Ever GIF by Newcastle University

1 Like

It came from Lamar Jackson’s agent

3 Likes

Hahaha exactly

I never thought he had a chance to top $5 million AAV

3 Likes

Yeah good value for the Saints. My guess was we didn’t want to go 3 years for a guy his age. Montgomery’s 3 years younger right?

3 Likes

Haha the franchise tag for a running back is 10 mill. no chance J-Will was ever getting that. Perhaps his agent started that high though, you never know with those ■■■■■■■ agents.

1 Like

Interesting… I bet the lions offered slightly more than that and he held out, they signed Montgomery and JWill took what he could get. That’s still a good deal but no way was he getting north of 5-6 mil…

3 Likes

So I’m guessing the reports of being far apart are not true unless Detroit Was offering more than he wanted😁

It seems to me the Lions wanted an upgrade on the field. Probably not anything more than that.

8 Likes

That is very upsetting. I know it may not be practical, but I would’ve took Jamaal at that price even with Montgomery. I was hoping he would at least get 7-8mil annually so I could explain it away, but I’m super disappointed we weren’t willing to match that.

3 Likes

I bet that changed a lot very quickly… especially once Elliot got released, and what Montgomery signed for, he saw where he was gonna be money wise and took the deal he could now as opposed to getting very much lowballed after the draft

1 Like

Possibly, or JW gambled on how much the Lions wanted him back and it didn’t work as far as landing in Detroit.

3 Likes

I immediately dismissed that as horseshit. Felt like copium reading it