Jamaal Williams

Well, yes and no. He led the team in first downs for 2 seasons.

It seemed like when we got inside the opponents 5 yard line, JW was being forced fed the ball at the expense of Goff throwing the ball for TD’s.

1 Like

Those numbers are impressive enough, but it feels like it’s just the beginning with Gibbs.

Hes on the cusp of being a legit superstar.

2 Likes

OR, it was simply a matter of going with what worked. And BTW, we knew he was getting the ball, THEY knew he was getting the ball and still. I brought up Monty as a replacement during the season last year but it doesn’t negate what he was able to do here. It just never seemed sustainable and the staff was right about leaving yards on the field. We were good for each other.

1 Like

He seems like a great teammate but I wouldn’t take him over Monty.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either, it’s why I brought up Monty. I’ve followed him since Iowa State and he just needed a change of address.

1 Like

Did JW ever run for a 75 yd TD?

2 Likes

I’m sorry but what is your point here? I have pointed out going to last year that I liked Monty over Williams but simply refused to dismiss what Williams actually did for this team. What is it that you want to say, that you don’t understand the conversation?

The most shocking part is Chark’s only missed 2 games

Piling up likes like Patricia went through peanut butter cups. 17 at a time. :laughing:

1 Like

As so often happens, a few people were WAAAY too hasty in calling that “matchup” in Swift’s favor. And, yes, I appreciate that some skeptics thought we should keep Swift and use what became the #12 elsewhere, rather than directly comparing the two.

Regardless, REALLY nice to have Gibbs in the fold now, isn’t it?

I think “special” is overused, but IMO it absolutely applies to this kid.

Loved Jamaal while he was here. I’m not going to badmouth him, now.
I miss the man and his attitude and the joy he brought to his work.
It’s going to take some doing to break his TD record.
Fond memories and best wishes.

8 Likes

He gave everything here. Refuse to hate on him…

7 Likes

No point. Just wondering.

perfectly stated

smoking hot sauce!!!

him breaking Barry’s record is a bit of a joke, when surrounded by context. Sanders was not used much in goal line situations. His TDs were 20, 30, 40…60 yard runs, where Jamal was sneaking past one would be tackler to get a yard into pay dirt.

3 Likes

completely agree w/all of this…and with that said, I am SO glad he turned down his contract offer from us. We MASSIVELY upgraded.

5 Likes

So many people were down on the Lions this offseason because we lost Williams. Nothing against Williams but Monty was an obvious upgrade IMO.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m very happy that we got Monty, and Gibbs. Pretty cool having 2 feature backs.
Just saying, I have no hate for Jamaal. He gave everything he had while he was here. He was my favorite Lion last season. It was exciting watching him break the record.

1 Like

One thing that I don’t miss about JW is his endzone dance. His fines by the league was warranted.

He’s been banged up, but so has Monty.

Its been a good (great) signing, especially considering Swaggy wanted more money.