James Webb telescope

True Detective. Season one.

True Detective Time GIF

1 Like

Here ya go!! :laughing::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rust: "Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey, ‘he said for you to give me your share’”.

1 Like

Childhood’s End

We do not understand time… or we do, but there is no linear time… it can speed up, slow down, go in reverse… and probably do a lot more things we are only just beginning to understand

1 Like

One of the cooler jazz bands I’ve listened to… definitely recommend listening to the whole album Psycho Scout

And this is bringing it all back to the jazz of physics…

Well, this is kinda cool…

2 Likes

“Hot stuff”. Came to mind while reading this! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well of course they have…

Well, that exit interview seems a little depressing…

Finding earth like planets = easy. Getting to them = not in our lifetimes.

3 Likes

Depends on which lifetimes you’re talking, and when the infinity stones do/don’t get misaligned.

2 Likes

I would guess we never get to another planet outside our solar system in the next 100 years. Inside our solar system, yes.

Space/time/warp is just a science fiction. People make up stuff like parallel universes because they haven’t thought of a more logical answer that fits the current knowns.

2 Likes

Tell that to Dr Strange, bro.

2 Likes

It’s science fiction until someone or some people make it actual science.

A lot of science innovations and ideas were born from science fiction and are now considered commonplace science continually being studied.

1 Like

Agree about not getting to them in our lifetimes but our children’s lifetimes, yes. My nephew and niece or 3 and 1 years old. By the time they are 30 if not sooner they will have established warp speed or traveling at the speed of light safely.

If they’d have listened to Tesla we’d be there by now but then we wouldn’t be paying DTE bills either.

Science evolves exponentially. We will send a man to Mars this decade or next decade for sure, and from there who knows what happens.

Well, it’s also shown in the Bible! The Prophets!!

I think it was Ezekiel that was literally transported from his captivity in Babylon to Jerusalem and God let him see all the junk going on…, like the original Jumpers movie :crazy_face:

So it is imho possible!

Yesh, the old heat death theory…its a bummer, but its a quite a few trillion years away…

This is a gigantic gigantic deal. Ray Kurzweil man…exponential growth of exponential growth.

Human minds are not well equipped to think in terms of exponential growth.

30 years of technical advance today is 300 years in 1920s terms…keep that trend going and it is bith terrifying and exciting

3 Likes

Zero chance either of those things happen in 30 years because they aren’t possible according to our current understanding of physics. We need a completely new theory to come into being and you can’t put a time line on that. I really don’t believe interstellar travel, as you imagine it, will ever happen.

I think we will master interstellar communication one day. Then maybe a much more highly developed civilization will let us know what is/isn’t possible.

2 Likes

Exponentially speaking, same for earthquakes….

What’s the difference between a 4.0 and a 7.0?! :flushed::crazy_face::cry:

1 Like