James Webb telescope

Speaking of space rocks…

Give me a handful of peyote buttons, a 2 day fast, 4 hours of Pink Floyd on a reasonable stereo with quality speakers, a blindfold and a toothbrush and I’ll have that shit figured out pronto.

3 Likes

I am not surprised at all… that the building blocks are part of the overall universe…. BigBang by default, regardless of it being spontaneous or deliberate, validates this idea imho

Hope this baby gets to launch soon…

1 Like

starship is just friggin HUGE. bigger than the saturn v which was monstrous.

1 Like

40 stories tall, yep, it’s big. The link shows some problems from the past including an explosion on landing.

1 Like

Holy crap, 1CasanovaJack’s true identity is Aaron Rodgers!!

1 Like

he was too stoned to remember the darkroom.

1 Like

No but I have started blocking his calls.

I didn’t read any mention of warm tea enemas?

Well, that sucked…

This didn’t come up in a search, and I wasn’t going through all these posts. :wink:

2 Likes

Deep dive here, but growing up, my Mom and bro and I loved a schlocky scifi that starred Andy Griffith FFS, called Salvage 1.

Andy builds spacecraft from Fred Sanford like junkyard, to go grab all thr US abandoned material on thr moon. Calls his ship “The Vulture”…later renamed by me the Tommy Vardell…

So, today, the first commercially built lunar spacecraft had a 1240pm appointment with destiny, its touchdown time on the moon. Japanese craft, supposed to land and deploy a UAE built lunar rover.

Livestream was a simulation. They said they were getting telemetry data all the way…1240, 1241, 1242, 1250, 1pm 115pm…and finally about 126 they shufted narrative to how much they have learned for future flights

Hopeful and disappointing.

2 Likes

Shit keeps getting real.

2 Likes

Not sure they will be able to poke a hole in this one…

Maybe it has issues as it s ales up size/power…maybe nor

1 Like

Even if it’s a small scale type vehicle…. Like not even a small car size, it’s could be used like unmanned air? Craft….

I would if You could make something that was also disposable and make garbage containers to send into the sun…. But I guess we’d run out of material after awhile….

But, I love the idea that they make and I always state my own way….

The only pure truth in science is that we know today that yesterday we were wrong!

1 Like

Where do the dilithium crystals go?

why don’t they just hang a magnet off the front of the ship I mean come on guys.

I don’t know, I’m just a simple country doctor.

1 Like

Dammit man, I’m a doctor, not a miracle worker!

2 Likes

A few things to think about…