James Webb telescope

Cassini, guy made some pretty brilliant conjectures.

1 Like

Discoveries keep on coming.

For me, the hardest part of the concept of a 'universe" or ‘multiverse’ or even the concept of God is the idea that something or some being came from nothing. Then again, evolution has showed us that some being came come from some thing not alive already. But still, its just very hard to conceptualize matter itself coming from nothing. It begs the question well where did the nothing come from…and what was before that? And what was before that? And so on…

2 Likes

This is why I started out an agnostic…. The “BigBang” theory screams absolutely towards creation… so who created it, why? Who created me and why? But I wasn’t sure “who” this intelligence designer is……

For me, now I know!

And the better my relationship and understanding and acceptance with my creator is, the better I am: regardless of this broken world

1 Like

The Universe progresses towards entropy (disorder), yet an Emergent Property of The Universe, Life, is clearly progressing towards greater Order.

Paradox?

An AI/Being/God/Whatever, sufficiently advanced, if Immortal or effectively so, would attempt to reverse the entropy, would it not? Just for survival…

It kinda wipes my Great Filter love affair off the books if Life is God’s answer/counter to the many trillions of the years hence Heat Death of the Universe.

1 Like

Where is this happening? Faulty assumption imho…. We are heading towards disorder as life and humanity and the need for the reboot of it all is literally upon us…

reminding me a bit of Age of Ultron

1 Like

Macro scale, not current society.

Life organizes, generally.

1 Like

Great photo’s,

3 Likes

Animated GIF
More Nebula

3 Likes

Really cool.

2 Likes

I can’t let my mind go there … I literally end up feeling ill if I contemplate this for more than a few seconds.
Maybe nothingness has never existed? Feeling sick now.

1 Like

It could just be like your favorite movie, Prometheus. Where our maker is just some other idiot life form in the universe, just like the android’s. How depressing would that be.

I’ve always thought our universe had something to do with a black hole. The whole idea of the Big Bang, from what I understand, is that some explosion of densely packed matter happened and our universe expanded out from that. So then you ask what could cause matter to be densely packed like that? One answer is a black hole’s gravity. What happens on the other side of the event horizon? We’ll never know. For all we know the other side of it is an entire other universe. Maybe even with different dimensional configurations. I mean if you believe Einstein’s wormhole theories, then this idea really isn’t any different.

2 Likes

What was in the universe before the big bang? Had to be something, right?

Keith Richards?

2 Likes

Ahhhh, dont worry about it!

Fermi Paradox, Great Filter, what was here before the Universe?

Probably all bullshit because we are living in a simulation and Nothing is actually Real.

Here I Am Help GIF by StickerGiant

1 Like

God, Nature, Aliens…I dont care who it was.

For them to put together a system that takes 4 billion+ years before tacos are a thing?

Fox Tv GIF by Rosewood

How depressing would it be tho, that it took the universe this long to create intelligent life and we’re the first to exist?

I don’t think so, I think civilizations have come lived and died quite a few times just in our own galaxy but man it’d be nice to see some evidence.

1 Like

I have always thought, “intelligent life”, to be a pretty loose term.

3 Likes

Yeah true. That pretty much eliminates any Bears fans.

1 Like