Jameson: to PUP or not to PUP

“Here, catch this Ming vase I’m launching across the room.” 2, 3, 4 games w/o Jamo in this regular season won’t make enough of a difference in the larger scheme of things.

“On second thought, I’ll hand it to you.”

Whenever the medical personnel clear the injury, he still won’t play until he’s in football condition. What’s that take, 2-3 weeks of getting physical in practice?
Can’t cut that practice/conditioning out.

2 Likes

Put him on the PUP. Further injury is not worth it.

1 Like

Y E S
This is exactly where I’m at. Get him some acclimation, know the lingo, the playbook, get his habits right with nourishment and working out…some playing experience…and HEALTHY going into next season. Our new rookie QB is gonna need him next year, unless Goffster steps WAY up.

If Goff does step up, we trade up for the best DT in the draft (if there’s a guy worthy of that), then pick RB high.

1 Like

They said best scenario is start him after 6 weeks. But he will be available for training camp

That comment makes no sense… available for training camp but wont be able to be available till after week 6? So practices and plays in preseason but hey take a rest for 6 weeks. Or practices and is no contact with another 6 weeka… if he is healthy enough for training camp and is a full participant i see no way they can justify another 6 week delay.

I think i put you in a loop , he will be ready when he is ready

If you practice and play in preseason, you can’t go on PUP or NFI.

1 Like

Make sense . In draft day they said one or the other

How does this equate to “he will be ready when he is ready”

There is no rush. Let’s get him integrated with our medical staff and let them dictate the pace along with the surgeon. If he is “in” practice, we can choose how much or how little physical stuff he’s doing. If he “isn’t” allowed to practice, he’s losing important time where he could be improving in some areas, you aren’t when you aren’t at practice. With the new PS rules and being able to protect people and move vets up and down, I think JWill learning quicker is going to be more important to the organization, than that 54th player that we’ll be cutting as soon as JWill is ready anyway. If he’s worth keeping around not on the 53, then we can still do that on the PS.

2 Likes

Oh i know that the previous comment made no sense to me. Where they said, best case week 6 but he will be ready for training camp… not sure how that is supposed to work.

Curious - if the NFL keeps the update, COVID rules like permanently now…

The cautious side of me says of course put him on NFI and bring him in week 4, 5, or 6 no matter what, but I could also see the staff looking at him in training camp running full speed with the doctors saying “no inflammation or setbacks, he looks good” and just throwing him to the fire right off the bat.

1 Like

Irrelevant discussion unless have access to medical reports, rehab information etc

1 Like

J-dub is worth a roster spot all season, even if he only plays the last 4 games, or so…just because of what he means to the future. Our worst case scenario is still pretty awesome!

When you see him training like this in late April, makes me think he might be back to start the season. He’s still got 4 months until regular season.

1 Like

When I watch this, I see how it’s possible for him to be 100% by season’s start too…I thought that the first Time I saw it.

The old school trauma bonding of being a Lions fan makes me want to wait until Late November no matter what. LOL.

Truthfully, just want what’s best for him, and what’s best for his health. Long term decision…not a short term decision.

3 Likes

We likely carry 6 WR so why does he have to dress? Let him watch workout an during camp he will along with Doctors know how it feels during camp.

He can sit if they feel he needs few more weeks.

I say just let his body an doctors decide.

2 Likes

I think he stays healthy and we keep them on the roster. Kid is already sprinting and doing advanced rehab, judging by that he’s going to be good to go week one

We probably limit his snaps, but he stays, practices and plays

2 Likes