Jameson Williams Speed…

When you think of Tyreke Hill, you think of crazy speed. It is something I would love to have on the Lions. He is 28 years old and has one of the largest salaries in the NFL.

Hill was timed with GPS game speed of 23 MPH in a game. Guess who else has hit that same metric, yep, Jameson Williams. He is 21 years old and salary is great for the next 4 years.

5 Likes
1 Like

You can definitely see his speed on tape. He has another gear just like Tyreek where guys just take bad angles and get outran. I think Tyreek has better moves, but Jameson is that same sort of guy that you have to account for. And the other thing is that people think of Jameson as a deep guy, rightfully so, but he also gets his YPC up with RAC.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting, man. If I’m reading this properly, we basically have the fastest player in the NFL.

Woooooord!
@FreebirdPartDeux - loved that, just out of likes.

Bro…guys take great angles and STILL get outran.
I agree w/what you say about Hill’s moves (also more durably built). Lots of parallels to their game though

4 Likes

Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

That’s fast!

6 Likes

Fast + good football player! This could be an electrifying addition to an offense that was previously on life support.

I like what Holmes is doing. So pumped today. Can’t wait to see what they do tonight.

I’m hoping for S, LB, TE or RB i think… assuming it’s the best TE or RB in the class. Would be pretty happy with any of those.

2 Likes

Love it all - for sure. I can’t draw up a scenario where we dont’ get minimum 3 new starters from the draft (2 already down). Maybe even 4 or 5…if this draft is as deep as they say.

Brad keeps drafting well in late rounds, we will eventually be cutting and trading TONS of really good players.

2 Likes

Jameo’s start stop ability along with his acceleration and top end speed is what makes him so deadly. His feet are so quick. There are going to be games where the defense just has no answer. When we traded up I was praying it was Jameo, no way I thought we had a chance at him.

5 Likes

Good call, brother.
I had no clue what to expect. I was leaning Willis, but thought Davis was a possibility…then we took him. I’m all in on that pick.

Not a fan of taking a receiver high because there can be a lot of value found in the 2nd-3rd rounds… but guys with elite speed like this are the exception. There are only a handful of guys in this league that can do what this kid can. Look what a difference chase made for the Bengals you throw him the ball and he outruns people and changes games with one play. That’s what Williams will bring to the table.

SOL no longer.

2 Likes

He’s special, for sure.

Biggest question: what is his speed post ACL.

3 Likes

All the more to take him slow…

I would to be like 4-2 and then! We introduce him to rest of the league on Sunday

Dude I was literally standing in front of the TV hands praying for Jameo when they showed us on the clock, I started screaming when they announced it lol. “Wooo”. Arms up running through my house lol. “Woooo!! There was predraft hype he was going top ten. Zero percent chance I thought we could get him. Woooo.” Then I seen what we gave up to get him and I screamed again. “Holmes is the man.” Running through the house like "F@$k yeah baby!!” Whole time my wife is just looking at me like I’m an idiot lol.

7 Likes

The stutter!

3 Likes

Good shit. So fun to be a Lions fan, right now. We have competent adults in the front offices and it takes the stress out to be able to trust 'em. It’s new, and we’re still getting used to it, but It sure is nice.

Most stressful thing for Lions Fns next year will be which jersey to buy because of all of the badasses Holmes drafts. LOL

2 Likes

I gotta get me a Jameo jersey man, he legit has the ceiling of a top five offensive weapon in the league.

1 Like

I agree. I’ll be sitting next to you in my Barry Sanders Jersey. LOL. I think that’s my next one. it’ll be either that or Fox.

We go to the SB, I’ll be getting a Dan Campbell Lions jersey

1 Like

Here is a crazy grouping of stats…

UGA had 5 players off their defense taken in 1st round.
By then end of tonight… 2 more may be drafted.
They were considered a historically good defense.
James Williams played just over 5 quarters against UGA.
And… Jameson had 11 catches for 249 yards against them.

50 yards per QUARTER… against UGA.

There was only 1 game that the UGA defense struggled in all season.
Jameson only played 1 full game against them. Coincidence?

2 Likes

Michigan 100% deserved to be in the playoffs after they laid the wood on OSU, but Ohio State would have given Georgia a better game because they matched up better. I agree with you on what Jameson did for the Bama offense. They were a little lost without him in that NCG. The way you beat UGA is explosive offense.

1 Like