Jared Goff Contract Extension Rumor….. WOW!

He needs to leave that money on the table to pay his offensive line to keep him clean and upright.

He’s thinking longevity, less hits he takes means mkre seasons he can play. His game not built on athleticism so he could play longer if stays healthy.

We’ll see though. $40M is my comfortable max i’d pay Goff. He’s a game manager who needs his teammates to make things happen.

4 Likes

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

6 Likes

Dog Gif GIF

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered why more quarterbacks don’t do this?

I mean you’re already going to be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams so why not leave a little on the table to ensure that the team around you remains as strong as possible?

In other sports where there isn’t a hard salary cap I understand guys wanting the absolute maximum no matter what but in a sport like the NFL the salary cap can make or break a team.

9 Likes

This was covered I think on Big D Energy this am…I think Sporttrac came out w/ what it projected the new QB contracts to look like. Goff was listed at 45m AAV

1 Like

What human couldn’t live on 40 million a year? If Goff was smart he would take less, so one he can keep his oline here and two we can get some more weapons on both sides of the ball.

2 Likes

Yes. Spotrac is closer to 40m. But it’s usually a little low for high end contracts and a little high for low end

1 Like

He has no arm and no wheels. His ball is wobbly after about 15 yards and he will waste Jamo’s career and his deep touch is atrocious. He cannot make anything happen with his legs. He thinks the game well when he has the time the best line in football allows him.

2 Likes

Goff 12th in Air yards per pass
Most passes over 25 yards

(Oh and btw QBs with more air yards,
mullens, Flacco, Levis, Willis, Ridder, Taylor, Rudolph) real winners therr

But ok.

And aside from Mahomes. Name 5 qbs that were very mobile to make multiple Con Champ games?

2 Likes

Brady used to sign team-friendly contracts with the Patriots. He still got paid, but he wanted the team to have the flexibility to go get players who would help them win. Of course he also had a ton of endorsement money and was married to a supermodel who made even more money than him for most of his career.

6 Likes

Peeing Back To School GIF by IFC

4 Likes

Love it. Tom Brady. Form of intelligence.

1 Like

Goff’s wife >>>>Brady’s wife

7 Likes

I’d be shocked if Goff signed that cheap. With the cap increase and projected market 50 mill per is arguably a discount. Reports are Prescott is looking like 60 mill. Offering Goff, Daniel Jones money is borderline disrespectful.

I think 50 to 55 is fair on both ends and neither side looks cheap or greedy.

3 Likes

Or…offering Daniel jones Daniel jones money is STUPID.

7 Likes

Fair. But regardless the QB market is what it is. Despite what Jones is being paid.

1 Like

Way hotter… not even close.

3 Likes

You couldn’t pay me to date Giselle.

1 Like

Oh come on now… she might be a nutjob but if you’re paying me to bang her… I’ll do it :joy:

2 Likes

I guess living in rural Oregon I can admit I’ve done worse :grimacing:

2 Likes