Jarrad Davis trade to steelers...is it a possibility?

So apparently the steelers might have some interest in him. Bush tore his ACL on Sunday and I can tell you that on the sports talks shows here in Pittsburgh Davis was mentioned as a possible replacement due to his blitzing capabilities and speed. This is the one position on the steeler defense that couldn’t afford an injury…I doubt it happens…but who knows…

1 Like

I’d take a third rounder. Maybe even a fourth. But pretty sure no one including Pittsburgh would offer that.

I’d take a 5th

He’d go to Pitt and flourish. Because they know how to use their resources.

4 Likes

Yep, It would be a VanNoy re-run.

1 Like

“The former first-round pick fell out of favor in Detroit as his snaps have dwindled. Like many unemployed or rarely used inside linebackers, Davis is more of a run-blitzing, downhill, sure-tackling linebacker than a coverage linebacker, but he isn’t a liability in coverage either.”

Wat.

I wish the Steelers really thought that about him. If they did, we’d have a great deal by now. Davis is a hard worker and a leader, but he’s played his way into a rotational role for good reasons.

2 Likes

Yeah they may want to rethink that. Davis is capable of playing well just not for long stretches. Maybe that changes elsewhere. He clearly has athletic talent which is what makes him so frustrating.

1 Like

One guy opines on Twitter last night a list of 6 or so names that could be looked at by the Steelers nearing the trade deadline and SI runs it as a story that that the Steelers are interested. This is why people look at the press so cross-eyed nowadays.

3 Likes

If we could get a 3rd I’d be super happy!

Baaaaahahahah…who is writing that, Quinn?

I would as well. I doubt he’s back after this year. Might as well get what we can.

Best we can likely get is a 5th. He is being paid a $2m salary in his last year on rookie 1st round deal, so its $1m+ to acquire and he, well, just can’t play football very well despite energy and a positive attitude.

I hope we Never Ever EVER see a LB taken with a top 40ish pick. Sooooo much draft capital has been burned for basically nothing over the years for
Tavai
Davis
Sims (didn’t suck, just not worth his slot)
Claiborne
Boss Bailey
Teddy Lehman
Barrett Green
and really Kalimbust was an oversized LB, truly.

Everyone there picked top 40 or so.

Levy? 3rd Rd.

I hope we have a chance to take Micah Parsons in the next draft. I’d even trade up to get him. I think he’s that good.

Nice write-up on JD. Has played well of late, according to some but not that many snaps either. We’ll see if he can keep it going and maybe build on his success so far.

2 Likes

Swap for EE

2 Likes

I think so as well

I think if any bad player goes somewhere else and becomes successful should just show that a player’s success is not always tied to him being a good or bad player but can also be determined by what team they go to and how they are helped there.

2 Likes

There I fixed it.

1 Like

man if I could give you 5 likes I would lol…

1 Like

You basically just fixed it to what i said. but potaTOE, poTAto.