Jeff Okudah Listed as 'Dangerously Close' to Being NFL Bust

Not to mention he wasn’t fast to begin with and players post Achilles are usually slower and not as agile.

1 Like

Really great post, brother - 100% yes to all of that.

1 Like

I think they think they have enough at CB to make it work, and should/will conside Okudah an additional top draft.pick.

AO was great. Parker was good when healthy as a slot. Jacobs was flashing at #2 CB before the ACL Having he and Okudah as your 2/3, plus Harris was good as a deep backup and Price is their pet project.

Should they bring in a seasoned vet? Yeah, for the slot. As Insurance

1 Like

Ah, young draft picks. Remember Chase Young?
Here in DC there is a bit of concern about him and he was even called out by the head coach.
Nice rookie season, but not quite what they hoped.
Last year? 1.5 sacks, 3 hurries. Nine games. Bad injury. Still, rounding UP, it’s a 3 sack, 6 hurries season.
NOT what everyone thought about him!
Now, he has to come back from an injury, too.
Both dudes are young, with a LOT to prove.

1 Like

I look at it this way.

Our pass defense was 27th in the league last year.

AO - Is a decent CB2 but he’s not a CB1

Jacobs is nice depth but he’s now on his 2nd ACL. I can’t think of a single NFL player who had a good career following two ACL injuries. Can you?

Parker played good for an undrafted player but he played like an undrafted player. He made a lot of mistakes. He appears like he could evolve into a starting level slot CB but he didn’t play like a starting slot CB. He played like a depth player.

Okudah and Jacobs are huge question marks in my opinion.

I think we need to approach the season thinking we need a CB1 and a slot CB.

Most teams lose a CB in training camp anyway.

If Okudah and Jacobs both return then maybe you can trade one or push them into safety depth.

2 Likes

Gotta say that it’s pretty coincidental that Jonathan Allen’s breakout season and Daron Payne’s emergence both happened when Young started to struggle. I havent exactly watched Football Team Football, but from afar it seems reasonable to assume Young was the victim of more attention this year, opening everything else up for his teammates.

2 Likes

Except the head coach called him out, twice.

Dangerously close lol at this point I’d say he’s a bust until proven otherwise. He was the 3rd pick overall, not a 3rd rounder.

2 Likes

So? Jared Goff has been called out multiple times by DC and Holmes, yet he’s still allegedly our franchise QB.

1 Like

Count me in minority here but I think okudah will be fine. Might be at S but I’m not worried yet

1 Like

Thomas Davis and Casey Hampton each tore their ACLs three times. Davis tore his right ACL three times.

The better question would be how many players have torn their ACL multiple times in their career. Can’t think of any guys in the past 20 years That have torn their ACL twice and never got back to form.

1 Like

Add Frank Gore to the list of guys who tore their ACL multiple times and turned out fine. However, I am interested in knowing how many corners have recovered from ACL tears to pick up where they left off. Corner is the most physically demanding position on the field as it pertains to twisting, turning, jumping and turning on a dime.

Revis tore his, as well as Chris Harris. An argument could be made that Revis wasn’t able to play quite the same, even though he still played at a high level. Chris Harris seemed to regain form, and is still playing 7+ years after the injury.

1 Like

We are still a team that needs a lot of help. The question becomes where do you put your resources. The cupboard at LBer, safety, 3-4 DE, WR, TE, and even QB is a lot more bare then CB.

Is this team didn’t have so many needs I would agree that we could use more talent at CB.

1 Like

I fully agree with you here. “You can never have too many cornerbacks” is a cliche I fully embrace. You could enter a season with three #1 corners on the roster and still find yourself playing a game or two without a #1 corner. Corners and offensive lineman are 2 positions I would try to bring in every year.

1 Like

Me too.

Among other reasons, they tend to be good for your special teams.

I heard an interview with a special teams coach who said he preferred working with 3-4 teams because they kept more linebackers on the roster which lends itself to special teams. Which also harkens back to Mike McCarthy with the Packers, who brought in a league high number of tight ends to training camp. McCarthy said “it is a versatile body type that can play many roles on special teams.” When you think about it, tight ends and linebackers are diffeerent sides of the same coin.

2 Likes

I got pulled over for speeding in a pinto once. Doing 75 in a 55, cop told me I must have been going down hill.

2 Likes

“No, officer. I didn’t know it was a hill. I was trying to push it off a cliff.”

3 Likes

My parents had one like this, but the interior was much uglier. There was this stuff on the back of the front seats that looked like bubble wrap…pockets on the back of the seats that looked like they were made of bubble wrap. LOL

Okudah posted this clip to IG…

3 Likes