Jeff Risdon Draft Info

Also here’s some other info I saw but don’t know where to go to link.

Thibodeaux is probably the favorite right now if he had to guess but he is definitely not the consensus in the building.

Hutchinson is the consensus pick if he is there.

We really like Sauce Gardner.

Lions won’t go QB in the first.

You can probably find all of this on Risdon’s twitter page if you want to do some digging.

4 Likes

Love it done at LB, ok kinda like S last year

smoke GIF

11 Likes

How could we be done at linebacker!? All the guys we signed are all on 1 year deals including Anzalone, Davis, and Board. There is no long term solution other than maybe Barnes if he develops.

7 Likes

Because our FO doesn’t believe in spending resources at low-value positions like LB and S, I’ve been trying to prepare everyone for this for awhile. Lots of teams do it like that, a lot of them good. The Rams being one. Packers, Eagles, Chiefs.

10 Likes

I’d be good with
DE
DL
WR
with the first 3 picks. Changes the entire team. We’re gonna grab 4 or 5 new starters AND get another 4 or 5 more off of last year’s injury list.

Ppl talking about 5 wins make me laugh.

7 Likes

Remember what time of year it is as well… as @Weaselpuppy already alluded to above.

They are definitely done…. before 3pm today.

They are probably done… before the draft.

They might even be done… until UDFAs are signed.

Maybe… they even wait until some vets lower their asking price or other teams cut a vet in camp.

3 Likes

The Packers handed out big contracts to Preston and Za’Darius Smith a few years back. They just gave Campbell a 5 year $50m contract. They do spend on LBs.

1 Like

Our linebacker group sucks so bad it’s ridiculous. I’d be majorly bummed with them not trying to up grade the piece of crap group we have now.

2 Likes

That guy is such a goober. “Sources”. Sure, Jeff.

2 Likes

Not off the ball LBs, your talking more about pass rushers.

So just ILB? Campbell is an ILB and just got paid.

2 Likes

True

Didnt the rams just get Wagner?

4 Likes

I have yet to see any indication that Jeff Risdon has any inside source within the Lions organization.

2 Likes

Like meaning done in free agency? Can’t see them passing up talent at LB in the draft where I would think, they would be hitting the position hard, as well as others :wink:

1 Like

He’s in a bowling league with one of the janitors at Allen Park.

2 Likes

Maybe he knows the physician that did Holmes’ colonoscopy…. therefore…. an “inside” source?

2 Likes

I hope he’s right. DE, DT or WR or S in the next 2 picks at 32/34, then throw in a CB or TE at No 66 or 97, that would fill a lot of holes.

Riz said we are done the 1st 2 days of the draft. Says it’s possible they take a LB in day 3. He seemed very confident in his sources saying no LB in the first 3 rounds.