Jeremiah's 2022 Mock 2.0

Basically February’s mock.

Very exciting for the Lions

Hutchinson and Jordan Davis in the first round.

I would be thrilled with that.

6 Likes

That would really give a huge boost to the pass rush with Hutch and the poor run defense with Davis.

2 Likes

Davis at 32 is more palatable than all of the trade-ups (or trade downs from #2) to get him, but there are still guys available I’d rather have. Pitre, Booth, Elam.

3 Likes

They pick two picks later so they’d get one of them…

2 Likes

I suppose Jordan Davis, who essentially would play the same position as Alim McNeiil in a 3-4 alignment, would help, but he’d make more sense if the Lions were trying to re-create the “Williams Wall” the Vikings had in a 4-3 look, which was almost impossible to run against.

5 Likes

I’d be 100% behind that, for sure. Fiiiinally have the DL I’ve been wanting.

I think bunch of B+/A- guys could be almost as good as what we had with

Jones/Fairley/Suh/Ansah
…now
…Alim/Jordan/Hutch/Okwara/Brock
Old crew…Jones was a B/B- player, but was very effective, because the others demanded so much attention (Especially Suh)
…Suh insane talent
…Fairley was spotty, and very good when he wanted to be, Suh made him better
…Ansah, really great at keeping contain and had big, strong hands, and long arms, so he could keep defenders off of him and make tackles, even when he had less than perfect angles.

Alim - TBD, but looks like a big, space-eating dude that is B+ run stopper and a B-/C+ pressure guy
Jordan - looks like he can create a fair amount of havoc, and be an A- run stopper. He can have A+ run stopping potential, but looks like he needs to improve hand strength. in the hilithgs I watched, people were getting out of his grasp on a handful of plays.
Hutch - TBD. I think he’ll have a rough rookie year, but will put on more NFL size strength as he gets one offseason in. I have no clue what to expect from him ,but DO SEE an emotional leader that influences team in a very positive way.
His energy would permeate the entire team, especially the DL
Okwara - no idea what to expect with him, but do see talent if he can stay healthy
Brock - not that great, but if surrounded by the right dudes, he could be effective, and is a fantastic teammate/locker room guy
Levi -no clue what to expect from him, but I’m thinking his energy will be a great mix in the energy soup, if his talent can back his attitude.

I’d love to see a brotherhood within the brotherhood and see the DL and OL juuuuust be fantastic groups that battle e/o in practice then think game day is easy comparatively speaking.

What do you guys think about the rotations there? Could they flirt with being as good…
better depth, but not quite as much talent?

1 Like

If they landed Davis, they put the big athletic giant in the middle, put the quick and agile big guy on one end, and then hopefully Levi develops. If not they still have Brockers.

IMO, nobody is running on that. The question will be can Alim one gap effectively. I haven’t done a season review but he seems to really improve as a pass rusher toward the end of the season.

2 Likes

Booth

Yeah, I’d nab Booth and then Pitre or Bell in that scenario. My presumption in all my mocks are that Charles Harris and Josh Reynolds have been resigned.

Also - in watching his hiilights, does anyone think it’s a realistic scenario that he lasts to 32?

1 Like

That’s a good point. We are almost in a snake draft where we pick at the end of the 1st while also knowing who will be available 2 picks later.

1 Like

An OT going first is probably our best shot at a trade down. It seems that Neal and Icky have really separated themselves from Cross. There are several OL hungry teams picking behind us.

3 Likes

I wonder if the team that picks Ickey will bring back the Ickey shuffle.

Ickey Shuffle GIF by Giffffr

F it if we get Davis at 32 lets just go ahead and take Travon Walker, Quay Walker, Channing Tindall too and try our best to recreate the UGA defense :rofl:

Too bad we’d have no shot at Dean.

1 Like

Ah see I have Cross one spot ahead of Ikky and four ahead of Neal personally. Mike Renner of PFF has him atop the tackle board as well, and Brandon Thorn, the preeminent oline guru, said in a podcast I heard a month or so ago that he thought Cross would wind up atop his board as well.

It depends what you need, Cross is kinda strictly a LT which is why he doesn’t make any sense for the Giants (the one spot they have sorted is LT with Andrew Thomas). If the Jags are looking for a LT than Cross makes more sense than Neal IMO, but it could be they want a guy with more versatility. Same for the Texans (who are almost certain to trade Tunsil). If a team wants a LT who’s strength is protecting the passer, I think Cross is the best option.

That could be. I’m speaking mostly of mocks I’ve seen which have had Cross sliding to the mid first with decent regularity.

Personally I think he’s an absolutely glove perfect fit at #6 to Carolina, provided the Panthers sort their QB situation out via FA or trade (and given the hot seat Rhule is on, I fully expect them to. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was Watson given they’re both running out of options).

1 Like

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

2 Likes

Based on his weight, and inability to rush the passer, I could for sure see him sliding into the late 1st or early 2nd. He played less than 50% of Georgia’s defensive snaps. He’s a dominant run stuffer for sure, but he comes with some risk and some limitations.

4 Likes

" Thibodeaux is a true wild card in this draft. I could see him going anywhere from No. 2 overall to outside of the top 10. Atlanta has a HUGE need for pass-rush help. "

That’s a far cry from the “consensus #1 player in the draft” which we heard from pundits going into the 2021 season.

Remember in mock #1 he had us selecting Willis with pick 32. Willis is a Steeler in his mock 2.0.