Jets' HC Robert Saleh declines to commit to Zach Wilson as starting QB for Wk 12 vs. Bears

This comes a day after the coach was staunch in his support for Wilson

Lions play the Jets December 18 at the Met.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter… the hyenas will be running for cover when the Lions take down the suspect jets

Things change when your quarterback quickly says the offense didn’t let down the defense in the loss despite gaining only 2 yards in the second half. It’s bad enough to be playing poorly. Being an idiot on top of that doesn’t lend itself to supporting. I’m sure defensive player took issue with that statement.

2 Likes

2-0 in the Met this season? Sounds good.

4 Likes

Those Five 2021 1st round QB’s are working out great!!

5 Likes

Here’s where DET needs to be very careful!

Do you make a playoff run with Goff next year?

Or

Do you draft a QB in hopes that he’s better. But in all likelihood you’d have to develop that QB and that prolongs the rebuild anouther couple years. And thats even if the QB is a actual upgrade.

Tough choice. But I’d be hard pressed to not go for winning now after so much losing.

3 Likes

What about option C? We can draft a QB and keep Goff around to make a playoff run?

3 Likes

Valid as well but are you talking move up or use a 1st on a QB. Or…drafting one lets say in the 3rd round?

To fully compete next year and be at full force. I’d venture using both 1st rounders on defense would be your best bet.

2 Likes

That’s the one thing that makes me wonder how we move on from Goff for a rookie next year. I just don’t see it. Plus Goff seems to be a good guy in the Locke room and accountable. Definitely hope we draft a guy and give him a season to develop though.

3 Likes

So instead of drafting a guy that will help the team during the playoff run, we will draft a guy that will hold a clipboard.

Sounds like the Lions.

Goff’s last 14 starts for the Lions, we are 7-7 with what has mostly been a terrible defense until very recently. The narrative that he coudn’t win a game without McVay was very strong last year when we started 0-10, not hearing much of that anymore.

Stafford’s last 14 regular season starts with the Rams…you guessed it 7-7!

Notice no one is talking about that in the media.

3 Likes

This is about the only thing Zach Wilson could tell the media…

YARN | Let me tell you why I suck | Tommy Boy (1995) | Video gifs by quotes | 3173ac1c | 紗

3 Likes

God you’re sick!! You know what… I’m going to go turn on the fryer and throw some wings in for ya!!

GIF by 8it

4 Likes

What’s your name?

Helen.

Ahh Helen, you look like a Helen.

2 Likes

Yeah! Let’s burn some beans on Will Levis! See how great Wilson and Lance and Trevor and Mac and Fields have come through in 2 years! Lotsa wins!!! HA!

BUILD A DALLAS DEFENSE TO GO WITH THIS GREATEST SHOW ON SHITTURF!

4 Likes

Will Levis would be a really Joey Harrington like pick.

1 Like

Wasn’t one of the big criticisms about Zach Wilson when he was drafted that he was a terrible leader and pretty self centered? Thought I remember that was an issue…

1 Like

I think drafting Will Levis would be more like drafting Dan Orlovsky…in the 1st round.

2 Likes