Jets Trade MLB Avery Williamson to Steelers for 5th round pick

Steelers also got a 7th. I’m not sure what his contract is, but what good reason does Bob Quinn have for not making that move??? We better have something in the works for Deion Jones, which is likely to be more costly although Jones is a better player. 2 and a 5, get it done.

We’re more than Avery Williamson away from being any good.

Good chance Williamson chose where he was being traded to as well.

Still would be move in right direction , I know the QB is the only thing you are interested in changing. Lols.

We are sellers. We couldn’t even make Rivers look like Rivers yesterday.

I doubt Bob is going to sell anything right now with his job on the line.

If I only got to change one out of MP, Matt and BQ it would be MP and it wouldn’t even be all that close.

We agree on that one. Good to hear

Let’s trade for deion jones. I think he can seriously vault the front 7 to make our defense respectful because tavai wouldnt be in there

Same goes for Everson Griffen or John Ross. Williamson would at least be a full time starter and a big upgrade over Tavai.

I wouldn’t be interested in John Ross for a 5th. I’ve suggested a ‘22 7th. Personally I think pass rush was more of a need than LB.

If we had traded our 5th for Avery Williamson I wouldn’t have freaked out but I’m fine just having that pick.

I’m generally in favor of trading magic beans for legit NFL talent. That being said, they really need to be under contract for at least another year or two. A nine-game rental in a lost year doesn’t excite me.

Originally you said a 2022 conditional day three pick. Its a 2022 5th (day 3) and they gained a 2022 7th. In my opinion Tavai is our worst starting player at a key position, Williamson helps more than the other two. Although yes, our pass rush sucks. :grin:

1 Like

I said a conditional 7th in ‘22 quite a few times. If I didn’t specify initially then my bad, but I was always talking about offering virtually nothing for Ross. There’s no reason to offer anything more than close to nothing.