Jim Caldwell joining Dolphins staff

…yep.

All those HC interviews - and no bites.
…SHOCKER.

1 Like

“Once Flores’ hire is official, Caldwell could join the Dolphins coaching staff as an associate head coach, according to the report, to aid the first-time head coach.”

That’s a good move for him. I never questioned his team management and influence.
He’s a solid person.

1 Like

IF that happens…it sounds like a stupid arrangement to me. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

“Associate Head Coach”??? WTF does that mean? Sounds like a title made up to get a guy that has stated he will only be a Head Coach.

“I am not an Assistant Coach…I am an ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH!!!” Whatever you say Jim…

I believe, if I remember correctly, that the title “assistant head coach” has an impact on what sort of permissions you need if you are another team and you want to interview that guy. For example, the Dolphins couldn’t prevent us from interviewing their OC for our head coach job, but they could stop us from interviewing their assistant head coach for the head coach job. Basically, that title means that no one can steal Caldwell without the Dolphin’s permission, I think.

I could be totally off though. I’m just going by memory, and you know how that goes.

Yes, correct. It’s semantics to game the poaching system.

1 Like

Well, considering nobody wants him for a HC job that is kind of a mute point then…protecting a guy nobody wants as a HC from getting poached as a HC???

LMAO

It’s just asset protection. Yeah, it’s a bit ironic – but I don’t see the big deal here.

What happened to “I am only interested in a HC job” Jim Caldwell?

1 Like