Jimmy G in play for the Rams?

Mike Florio is the guy who said there wasn’t much of a trade market for Stafford last offseason. I don’t think he’s credible. This rumor doesn’t even make sense. Say the Rams are really worried about Stafford’s elbow, why are they going to bring in a QB that just had shoulder surgery?

My money is on the Giants. No Russell Wilson and no Matt Stafford, coupled with the dysfunctional Cardinals, opens everything up for the 49ers to make a run themselves. They’re going to want Garappolo as far away as they can get, even if that means eating a good portion of his contract for a swap of 7th round picks.

It’s like Jerry Glanville said, NFL stands for Not For Long, especially when you’re not winning.

1 Like

If the 49ers are trying to win the division, I can’t see them trading Garoppolo to their chief rival.

The only way I could see that happening is a trade deadline deal where the 49ers are pretty much out of the playoff race and they’re looking toward 2023.

2 Likes

Dont count out…

Cleveland.

The NFL appeal process’ decision will be binding.

They arent going to stick w Brissett if its back to a year…

1 Like

True! However, I’m not sure Jimmy is “Browns material”. They have some pretty lofty standards, ya know.

1 Like

Maybe ask the teams that passed on signing Drew Brees back in the day if they regret worrying about it being a shoulder injury or not.

The Rams are in a win now mode. It makes perfect sense for them to consider JG as an option if Stafford’s injury persists or worsens.

IDK… he could mentor Deshaun…. :smirk:

Stop. That’s not even remotely comparable.

Jimmy G is an injury prone QB coming off another injury that will cause him to miss even more games this year due to an injury. The Rams aren’t looking at him as a safety valve.

But this is all a moot point. Because the 49ers aren’t trading Jimmy G to the Rams, the Rams can’t afford it, and Jimmy G is gonna want to play for a team where he will be the starter.

Mike ‘click-bait’ Florio

$$

Was JG on the field for their last offensive snap last season?

He played through the injury. Was on the field. He provides a better chance to make and win a SB than Wolford does for the Rams if Stafford isn’t available.

The Rams may not trade for him because the 49ers probably won’t deal to them, but they could possibly get him if he’s cut.

The ONLY way the Rams could squeeze Jimmy G under the cap would be for the 49ers to eat a large portion of his salary in a trade. I don’t see that happening.

Even if Jimmy G was released and wanted to join Rams… he would have to tuen down a lot of money to go to Rams… or they would have to push a bunch forward into void years that would hurt them in future years… and I don’t see that happening when Stafford is their plan.

Could you see JG betting in himself for the long haul and taking less this season to increase his future earnings?

IF, and it’s a big if, he were to go to the Rams and win the SB, how much would he command on the open market next season as a FA?

The Rams better pull the trigger now then. His value diminishes the closer they (or any other team) gets to the regular season. Trinity Benson could fill you in on the difficulty of quick transitions.

Eeesh. Poor girl doesn’t have enough confidence to go after Fox.

1 Like

I don’t know why the New York Giants have not called the 49ers yet. The Niners won’t trade him to the Rams.

1 Like

I think the hold up is probably his throwing shoulder. If he was healthy, he’d have been traded months ago.

1 Like

I’m thinking Stafford gave him the evil eye in the playoffs and injured him. :wink:

Let’s not rule out a Kyler Murray-type injury (hurt feelings). Sometimes the non-contact stuff is the hardest to rehab from.

1 Like

But, they have Watson and Koppernick.

If I had played QB vs the Lions 3 times in my short career and still hadn’t won a game, my feelings would be hurt too! Everyone can beat the Lions, except him, haha

1 Like