Joe Brady as a HC?

You have to get this notion out of your head.

The Browns are making the playoffs and their quarterback sucks with a 1st year head coach.

The Bills made the playoffs for the 1st time in 20 years year 2 of their current coach. Brand new scheme too.

I have no idea why people think a rebuild takes multiple years.

It’s something people have told me themselves to have hope in this current regime but it flat out isn’t true in 2020.

I also don’t see how Marvin Lewis is a role of the dice. He’s rebuilt the Bengals from three separate tear downs.

I totally get folks wanting more upside and preferring a Brady, Bienemy, Danilo, etc.

Personally I’d prefer a guy like Lewis if Harbaugh isn’t possible.

Harbaugh to me is the one potential home run that is decently likely of happening. If we let him shop for the groceries I think we could get him.

Both Lewis and Harbaugh are short term fixes for different reasons.

Is that really the bar? This isn’t college football, there is no reason the Lions can’t win a Super Bowl. Yes Caldwell was better than Patricia, but he still wasn’t good enough.

What coach is winning the Super Bowl with any roster Jim Caldwell had sans 2014?

Jim Caldwell played a playoff game with Zach Zenner as the starting running back, oh we was the starting running back for the stretch of games versus winning teams that he was failure for not winning.

Jim Caldwell lost his left tackle 3 weeks before the season started, started Greg Robinson whose now out of the NFL and still had the 8th highest scoring offense in NFL, yet I’ve seen people on this message board say it was unwatchable.

The NFL is a bottom line business but good God those rosters Caldwell were expected to make playoff runs with were mediocre.

Eagles won the Super Bowl in Pederson’s second year too. McVay took the Rams from a staple of mediocrity and immediately made them good. Andy Reid went 11-5 in his second year with Philly. John Harbaugh went 11-5 in his first year. Happens all the time.

Andy Reid also replaced Black Matt Patricia in Kansas City and went 11-5 after they went 2-14 the year before he showed up

I think that there is a chance that John Harbaugh could be fired if they do not make a playoff run. He has gone 5 years without a playoff win. Not having a deep run with this group could spell the end for Harbaugh. The Ravens are a very loyal and obviously do not have much coaching turnover. But Harbaugh hasn’t been getting it done when it matters.

When Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson are your QBs, it’s hard to win in the playoffs

Do you have that guy in mind? I’ve suggested Harbaugh who I think we would potentially have a shot at and IMO is a good enough coach to have a shot at it. Everyone else IMO are pipe dreams, big time shots in the dark or proven commodities with modest ceilings. Personally I prefer the latter to
the middle option.

Otherwise a Super Bowl is dependent on us finding a generational QB talent. I just think the likelihood of us getting one the Ray Lewis Ravens or Warren Sapp Bucs way is pretty damn finite.

Yeah but those teams weren’t as depleted of talent as ours.
They’re winning because they got players over the last few years…us on the other hand…

Andy Reid went 5 years before winning a playoff game in Kansas City.

If you took Jim Caldwell and Andy Reid resume’s before 2018 they look damn similar.

Good organizations don’t fire coaches that win. They see what he needs to take the next step and give it to them.

I want a HC that players WANT to play for.

1 Like

A coach where players will run through a brick wall for