Joe Brady fired by Panthers

Hire this man immediately

Not his fault he was handed Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater and McCaffery was hurt the whole time.

And he’s a retread technically.

1 Like

Can we bring him in next week?

3 Likes

Does he have credibility? So far he’s only been good at LSU

He couldn’t win with Bridgewater or Darnold, but I’m sure he will do wonders with less talent and Goff.

5 Likes

He will have an offensive line and Goff is better than both of those guys.

2 Likes

He’s more likely to go back to school

Yep, hand him the offense this week already. Hell, fly him in before the end of this game!

1 Like

Joe Brady had some issues he needed to work thru. But to me this is an admission by Rhule that he’s on the hotseat and doing everything he can to try to survive to coach another year.

I’m sure Joe can land a job with Cincy with 1 phone call. Maybe not coordinator…but something.

He better land a job in Detroit.

download (24)
download (10)

Joe Brady GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 Like

It sounds like Dan has been leaning on Ben Johnson in the passing game. I wonder if we should be looking at him as the frontrunner for our 2022 Offensive Coordinator position with A-Lynn clearly having been demoted.

2 Likes

I would guess he’ll weigh all his options and make a decision for next year.

DC worked with him for 2 years…so there could be a connection.

grinch smile GIF

One thing guys noticed in the LSU film was how often Joe Burrow went off script.

Hmm… Ben Johnson a former Tackle who is coaching TEs…

Hock has been inconsistent this season but had a good game. Brock Wright caught a nice TD in traffic…

Could help explain why Lions have had 2 of their best offensive games the last 2

Wrong Ben Johnson, I believe.
Our Ben Johnson is a former QB.

From the Lions site:

Ben Johnson enters his second year as tight ends coach after originally joining the Lions in 2019 as the team’s offensive quality control coach.

In 2020, Johnson guided second-year TE T.J. Hockenson to his first-career Pro Bowl after posting 67 receptions for 723 yards (10.8 avg.) and six touchdowns. Hockenson became just the fifth tight end in franchise history to earn Pro Bowl honors and the first since 1999. Among all NFL tight ends, Hockenson ranked in the top five in receiving yards (3rd), receiving 1st downs (3rd) and receptions (4th).

Prior to joining Detroit, he was promoted to the Dolphins wide receivers coach in 2018 where he helped WR Albert Wilson average the second-most yards after catch (12.9) in the NFL and the fifth-highest yards per target (11.2).

In 2017, Johnson helped WR Jarvis Landry catch a Dolphins franchise-record and an NFL-high 112 receptions. Landry also earned Pro Bowl recognition for the third consecutive season and caught a career-high nine touchdown passes.

In Johnson’s first season as assistant wide receivers coach in 2016, he helped the Dolphins win 10 games and earn their first playoff berth since 2008. Johnson coached Landry to 94 receptions for 1,136 yards (12.1 avg.) and four touchdowns, earning his second consecutive Pro Bowl selection. Landry’s 94 receptions were fourth in single-season Dolphins history and his 1,136 receiving yards were eighth.

From 2013-15 Johnson served as the team’s assistant quarterbacks coach and in 2015 was promoted to the tight ends coach during the season. In 2014, Johnson helped QB Ryan Tannehill finish with 4,045 passing yards, joining QB Dan Marino as the only quarterbacks in Dolphins history to surpass 4,000 yards in a season. Tannehill passed for 4,208 passing yards in 2015 and steadily improved his passing yardage in all four of his NFL seasons with Johnson coaching his position.

In 2012, Johnson started with the Dolphins as an offensive assistant coach and helped an offense that finished fourth in the AFC in rushing touchdowns (15).

Johnson joined the Miami Dolphins after spending three years (2009-11) at Boston College. He spent his final season as tight ends coach after spending his first two seasons as a graduate assistant.

Johnson played four seasons as a quarterback at North Carolina and graduated in 2008 with a B.S. in mathematics and a B.S. in computer science. Johnson and his wife, Jessica, have a daughter, Emory and son, Kennedy.

Wait, I thought our Ben Johnson was a roided up Canadian sprinter?

2 Likes

Whoops! Longer resume then the one I referenced anyway. Not sure if that is good or bad because while he’s helped some good players, a guy doing the same job for 10 years without growth is a little concerning.

2005-2008, College QB, North Carolina
2009-2010, Graduate Assistant, Boston College
2011, TE Coach, Boston College
2012, Assistant Coach - Offense, Miami
2013-2015, Assistant QB Coach, Miami
2015, TE Coach, Miami
2016-2018, Assistant Wide Receivers Coach, Miami
2019, Offensive Quality Control Coach, Detroit
2020-2021, TE Coach, Detroit
2021, TE Coach - Passing Game Coordinator, Detroit (Passing Game Coordinator not an actual title, rather it’s what he’s doing the last couple weeks)

Is that a resume that would give you confidence he can be the Lions OC next year?

Sometimes for the right person you take a flyer and see if they can jump to the next role.

Not saying he can’t and the offense seems better the past few weeks.