Joe Schobert LB released

Joe Schobert 2021 Highlights 🔥 | Denver Broncos - YouTube

2 Likes

More of a cover LB I see. But has a ton of tackles.

He’s had a far better career than Anzalone and only a 1 year age difference. Not sure we’d make a change this late in camp though. 8 ints the last 3 years, we should really take a look.

might help out our questionable D group tho.

1 Like

Didn’t they just sign him?

2 Likes

Yes they just signed him but they liked their Backup better for some reason. I think it was an insurance thing.

We never had a cover LB.

Isn’t that was Chris board was brought in for?

I say we either develop our guys this year or go all in with a trade for a guy like R Smith. I’m not willing to play this scrap heap game like we did with the WRs last year and like we did with the D-Line under Quinn.

Schobert has a better track record as a starter than board. I’m good with them bringing him in. At the very least he’d upgrade our depth.

2 Likes

Schobert has played 6 years in the NFL.

His team has finished 30th or worse in run defense 5 times in 6 years. The only season they didn’t… was the 0-16 year when Cleveland was so bad that teams didnt even need ro score in the 2nd half of most games.

Defense is certainly more than a 1 man band…. but that is a tough stat for an ILB.

1 Like

Rodrigo is a cover LB. He’s relatively new to LB. He was a Safety most of his college career.
Btw, he played QB in High School.

1 Like

Good research, didn’t realize that. Not saying it’s all his fault, but yea that doesn’t paint a good picture in the run game at all, pass game though he has more int’s than almost all linebackers the past 3 years.

Sign him, and play him in Nickel and Dime only would be a possibility. Linebackers that can cover are way more valuable in the modern nfl than they were in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.