Joey Porter Jr. enters 2023 NFL Draft, will not play in Penn State's bowl game

Gose well wit a barley there hint of malt in that dunkel, with a water bock, ale tell ya…

1 Like

If he runs well enough hopefully the Lion’s draft him. Great player

3 Likes

I wanna see this guy in a Lions uni! His dad was ferocious

1 Like

I can’t wait for the 12 team playoff. I think we will get a LOT more players staying for the playoff that would have otherwise bypassed the bowl game.

1 Like
1 Like

That wasn’t bad.

he was my favorite interview today
jack campbell was yesterday

1 Like

I like his swag on the field

1 Like

Love the cbs commercial at the end → “No yelling, no fake debates, just delivering news”

May as well just slap Stephen A. Smith in the face with a wet, dirty sock.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Don’t need a reason to do that. And I would choose something more substantial. :hammer:

1 Like

Kind of a rough outing, but you gotta respect the ambition.

I thought he was pretty good outside of the penalties, which yeah, he’s gonna have to shore that up. And there a few more he got away with. But overall I thought his actual coverage of Hopkins was great.

Then again, Hopkins is the kind of receiver he’ll have success against. Man him up against a route technician like Amari Cooper or Davante Adams, or someone with juice like Waddle or Chase and he’s gonna struggle. Those guys are bad matchups for his skill set.

1 Like

IMO one of the main determinants of how good a CB can be with just your normal NFL CB athleticism is how much he can get away with the requisite grabbiness. Which is part in control of the player doing it wisely and discreetly but also about the officials’ trends/habits and perceptions of that player.

I agree with that and perhaps one day he will have that level of respect from officials. He’ll have to because he grabs a lot, though as you say often it’s very discreet. He got away with one on Tennessee’s final play from scrimmage, but it was pretty subtle.

It’s just a matter of figuring out what triggers a call. They’re usually looking at 2 things; the arm around the receiver’s body or a jersey movement. (Or a flat out tackle, but that’s not really what you refine, LOL )

Keep it inside the frame of the body, don’t obstruct arm movement and keep your head looking back at the ball and you’re usually okay.

But reputation does matter. Someone like Rock Ya-Sin who has a four/five year reputation of grabbiness might face additional scrutiny than someone else. So the sooner Porter can make tweaks the better. Otherwise he risks the reputation becoming cemented.

100% agreed.

100% Agree. Can’t wait!

1 Like