John Cominsky has surgery

Tim Twentyman

@ttwentyman

John Cominsky had surgery on hand this week and will be out for a bit

Shame, The Commish has been a pleasant surprise.

7 Likes

Yeah. He’s been a good piece on the DL so far.

I’m not glad he’s hurt, but I’m glad it’s his hand and not a leg/foot injury. It’s an assumption, but I assume this should only keep him out a few weeks before he can potentially return.

4 Likes

I wonder if Taylor gets his first chance to play

3 Likes

Taylor and Barnes will be thier chance now to perform or fail…

1 Like

I think Bryant will take his place but who knows.

1 Like

Hutch didn’t practice either :grimacing:

Six Deuce has his back, for sure.

3 Likes

Good news is he should be able to play with a club once the surgery heals enough.

2 Likes

I have to admit I’ve been disappointed that Demetrius Taylor was inactive for the first two games. I’ll be excited to see how he performs in a regular season game, though not at the expense of The Commish. I hope DT replaces Brockers after a couple plays in his ceremonial role as starter, but I suspect he’ll be confined to just a few snaps from the interior in our NASCAR package for this game. Might could.

1 Like

Is he healthy? I thought he was out due to injury, or maybe it’s just that I’m so used to seeing so many Lions on the injury report that I can’t tell who is who anymore haha

1 Like

Yeesh, at this point we might have to switch back to a 3-4. We seem to be quickly running out of lineman on both sides of the ball.

Not on the injury list, was a healthy inactive both weeks. But, the fact they kept him on the 53 man roster says to me they know he has talent and were scared of waiving him to sneak him on the PS. They didn’t think he’d clear waivers. He’ll be playing this week for sure!

Hope he’s ready for his NFL debut! Cousins can’t move, so we know where to find him!

2 Likes

Cousins is the epitome of “pressure him and he’ll fold but if you give him time, he’ll carve you up”. Kind of like Goff.
In other words, let six deuce eat.

3 Likes

Completely agree, and when does he get time?

When Dalvin Cook is gashing defenses. Slow down Cook, and Cousins is a sitting duck in the pocket. Similar to Goff for sure in many ways.

That’s the key to the game, if we can limit Cook on ground, we are winning! If Cook goes wild, we’re doomed. They probably feel the same about stopping our run game to be honest and they should.

1 Like

Stopping our run game is easier said than done. If you stack the box, Brown/Chark/Hock/Swifty all become very dangerous.

And, we were built to run, even if you do line up to stop it.

We finally have a team that isn’t easy to game plan for.

3 Likes

versatility…weapons all over the place.
We could’ve won six games with Blough, in this offense.
10 with Goff

1 Like

The Vikings simply didn’t remember they had Dalvin Cook. The game plan was shit, Cousins got middle.rushed all the time and broke down.

Expect Minny to run Cook 20 times next week.

2 Likes

Then keep the ambulance warmed up…Cook’s gonna need it!

3 Likes

If they had just kept handing the ball off to Dalvin after the interception and fake punt it might have been a different ball game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.