John Metchie out for the year

The Texans traded up in the second round, sending three picks to the Cleveland Browns, to select Metchie 44th overall in the 2022 draft.

3 Likes

That really sucks. Praying for a 100% recovery for the kid.

19 Likes

Cancer is an asshole.

We’re all hoping for him to kick the crap out of it.

12 Likes

At least the prognosis seems positive. Hoping the young man the very best of health moving forward.

3 Likes

Hoping for a full and fast recover for him.

3 Likes

Agree whole-heartedly with everyone here. Cancer doesn’t give a shit who you play for or what uniform you wear and therefore neither do I. Nothing but prayers for this young man.

He’s been on this planet a mere half as long as I have and is without question in better shape / health than I am. Never seems fair.

I will be watching the day he steps back on that field and cheering him on. This is very much a Leah Still, Kelly Stafford, Jim Kelly and (unfortunately) a Stefanie Spielman situation. The list goes on and on and it sucks.

3 Likes

horrible…

1 Like

Cancer sucks!
Praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

1 Like

Sending love and health

1 Like

This poor guy has had a bad year.

My mother died this past April from cancer. I pray for a full recovery for this young man, cancer fooking sucks!

6 Likes

Sorry, brother. Hardest thing I’ve ever endured was mom passing unexpectedly in 2001

2 Likes

Instantly thought of Ernie Davis. Just, dang. Hope this young man makes a full recovery and has a long and wonderful life. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you brother Natty. I’m sorry to hear about your mom, too, brother… it’s never easy when a mom passes.

1 Like

[quote=“CSanders88, post:14, topic:16545, full:true”]

Sorry for both your losses. I’m not going to deep-dive into my father’s passing; I will just leave it at if I ever run into cancer at a bar, “words exchanged” is not how it’s going to go.

2 Likes

Prayers for the kid. This is a beatable one and one he could still possibly play after treatment with. Hopefully he still get to fulfill his dream of playing pro football, and getting paid big bucks to do it.

1 Like

Terrible, will now really root for this kid.

Dude is in his athletic (physical) prime, and is in superior health. I believe in him. He’ll beat this.

1 Like

Nasty! Effin’ cancer …

Man, that sucks to hear.
I hope the kid is able to pull through it and make a full recovery.