Johnathan Mingo

I think Jared Wayne is a discount Cedric Tillman, if we can get Tillman at 81 I’ll love that but no way he drops to 81… tbh I won’t mind taking him at 48-55 if he’s there.

That’s around where I think Tillman will go and that’s probably a little too rich for my blood. Historically the grade I’ve given him would be around an early third, but like I said this bad class is pushing him up. I wouldn’t hate it - reaching a half-round on a guy is fine in my book, I do it all the time on the simulators - but there are other guys I would draft first.

1 Like

What do you think about A.T. Perry?

I have him just below both Mingo actually, I like him fine and I really think our FO is gonna like his leadership/personality. But I have to knock guys who run a limited route tree, at least a little. Not to say they can’t expand upon it, but until we’ve seen it we’re just guessing. So that makes me a little nervous. I think his hands are pretty suspect and I don’t know that he has the best agility (again, because we didn’t see him run a lot of routes). For me there are just a few too many questions about how his game will translate. I say this knowing full well he has the tools and ball tracking skills to really hit big in the right spot.

1 Like

Love AT Perry

He has been my target for Rd3 for a while.
Think there’s a good shot he goes higher than expected though.

Don’t think there was a more consistently dominant WR across the last 2 years. He’s got WR1 written all over him.
Perry and Mingo are real high on my fanboy wishlist.

Sounds like Metcalf lite coming out of the draft. With worse hands.

1 Like

He’s not nearly as strong or as fast as Metcalf, though he might be a little more agile laterally. Metcalf was famously so bad he fell all the way to the end of the 2nd round.

1 Like

I saw an Anquan Boldin comp for Mingo. I can see that a little, although I don’t expect him to produce like Boldin. Looks like a gritty player likes to block etc.

1 Like

I heard they checked Mingo out a lot closer than you read He is liked

Boldin ran like a 4.75 at the combine but he erased all questions when he ran like a 4.69 at his pro day.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1643971447944085505?s=46&t=CCOI4lz_XYHC4DZ_Lab3-w

4 Likes

We don’t have a 4th currently.

Peter Schrager said he wouldnt be surprised if Mingo goes late round 1. I wouldn’t. But few GMs follow mock drafts

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.