Johnson and Johnston

No one is talking about Paris Johnson. There’s alot more talk about Skoronski and Torrence. He’s taylor made (pun intended) for us - with experience at both RG (ease him in), and LT (Decker’s replacement). With a small trade back - we could get him at 10, 11 or 12.

Also, you want another deep threat? There also not much chatter on Quentin-Johnston. 4.40 speed, 6’3". He would really open up the field. He could be there at 18, lthough 1-2 WR’s probably go before him. No Chark? No problem.

If we’re not needy at CB, four QBs go in the top 5, Anderson is gone, Carter doesn’t pass the no turd test, there’s not much left. Yes, Wilson is still there, but who is going to make more of a difference in the next few years?

Would you be happy with Johnson and Johnston?

I thought the OT was to good to use at OG an Decker is not leaving soon .

I appears like Big V is coming back an with pay cut. Lions like him at OG an the back problem was more a nerve that like bone or muscle.

1 Like

No one is talking about him because I wrote a lengthy piece here detailing why taking him to play him at RG would be a terrible idea.

I’ll link it here…

Read this and you’ll get why we need to stay away from him.

4 Likes

I can’t get over what Hutch sis to him in the Big 10 championship.

2 Likes

Skoronski yes, this guy we hope is a Bear so Hutchinson can F him every year again

1 Like

Interesting, so you’re saying he can’t play in space as a guard. That’s def. a problem in this offense. I’m having real trouble finding a bandwagon for pick #6OA.

1 Like

I agree only one an he may not be there is Wilson

2 Likes

Wait, are you Jeff Risdon?

1 Like

That’s just the thread I posted it under because that’s where I first saw mention of Paris Johnson for RG.

1 Like

Ah, alright. Just wanted to make sure. I live in the same town as Jeff.

So HSV’s deep dive was Jeff Risdon’s take? I’m confused.

I always like to see the film for myself, but I certainly trust the opinion of @HSVLion . And he says to avoid taking Paris to be a guard.

1 Like

I think Paris Johnson is the best offensive lineman in this draft and is going to be a hell of a player in the NFL.

It’s just not going to be at guard.

@HSVLion - that is a great breakdown and explanation. I missed it the first time, thank you for linking it. Even these super talented dudes have their areas of expertise and highest potential.

For everyone else, that’s certainly worth the read on Johnson.

2 Likes

If he can’t play guard well, I guess he question is whether we still draft him as BPA at a value position (OT). Not a need position. But still.
Also keep in mind we love heavy sets. Having Decker, Sewell and Johnson out there would be downright lethal/nasty! Innovate!
We lucked out last year with few injuries across the O-line. That’s not likely to happen every year.
Maybe we still draft him and figure it our later.

We did? We were down to our 4th string ROG, Jackson missed 4 games due to injury, Ragnow missed 1 game. I think interior OL is a definite need

comparatively speaking, we did.
nothing like the year before.
our 4th string OG was only for a few games, we were trying people out.
the point is, injuries will happen.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.