Jordan Hicks

Cards just cut him. Quality LBer. 29 years old.

And… since he was cut… doesn’t affect the comp pick formula!

Just think about the beanz possibilities!

Cory Littleton was as well and I’m sure Holmes and Agnew know him well. He hasn’t been very good since leaving LA, but he should also come pretty cheap. Wouldn’t be surprised if they poked around with him.

2 Likes

Hicks on a 1 or 2 year deal with incentives, I’d be interested. We could use a vet with skill in the middle of the defense to help Barnes, who is so raw, he needs leadership and help out there to develop properly.

I’m all about vets at a bargain price, but never overpay. We have to learn from our horrible history of overpaying free agents. We gotta build the core through the draft.

If the lions nail this off-season I see no reason they can’t compete for a playoff spot next year. The offense is close to being a complete unit. If we can add the right pieces on defense this team could be competitive much sooner than expected in a weak nfc conference.

1 Like

I think to properly develop all of this youth that we are adding to this roster, it is imperative to add some vets throughout the roster. Coaches are great and everything, but you aldo need players who can teach these young guys how to be professionals. Working habits, film study, how to keep your body right, subtle nuances, how to conduct youself on a daily basis, etc.

We need that guy at WR (although Reynolds could potentially be that guy), LB’ers, S, and CB. Not saying the guys we add need to be all pros or anything, but at least a guy who has a history of success in this league and the young guys can look up to and respect.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s why I think the Lions will be value shopping in free agency again this year.

1 Like