Jordan Love and not going on 4 th down

Thanks ,
I appreciate not feeling alone
like we can’t do better
Just because it’s a football blog

But I also realize it’s a football blog

Equal to Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and every other Single Super Bowl winning QB. He’s not the equal of Montana, Elway, Manning, or Brady

LOL. There is an argument to be made that he is below Montana, Elway etc… I’ll agree he probably isn’t in the GOAT argument. But equal to Dilfer and Johnson is just laughable.

2 Likes

Well I certainly don’t think Dilfer and Johnson were so great as to make it laughable if that’s what you are inferring. :laughing:

Seriously, at the end of the day, Super Bowl rings are what matter. Who’s Dan Marino? A guy who threw for a ton of meaningless yards and sold isotoner gloves. Who was Troy Aikman? A three time Super Bowl champion, that’s who, and everything else melts away

I get the super bowl QB is special
And I can’t even knock a guy for 1 ring

But there’s been some great QBs

What’s your ranking of best QBs not to win one ?

Yea if not for the Buccs defense I’m not sure how this turns out. Theee straight drives in the second half ended with a Brady interception and they were all bad passes. And the buccs defense also returned a fumble inside the 10 for an easy score. Oh yea and I think they sacked Rodgers 6 times? Maybe this game was about more than Brady and Rodgers?

1 Like

I swear Rodgers has a TD if he runs that ball to the corner of the endzone instead of forcing it to Adams who has double coverage. It was wide open and if he gets hit at the one or two then it changes the 4th down call.

I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just a sophomoric dig at a rival player that I don’t much care for. There have long been rumors of such on account of (among other things) his unusual relationship with an intern early in his career so I’m not just pulling it out of thin air. Of course it doesn’t effect his trade value and of course I totally support Aaron’s right to do whatever the hell he wants with his life.

To be perfectly honest I didn’t really find it particularly offensive. I guess I misinterpreted a few folks’ threshold for being offended and will keep it in mind from now on. Anyway, my apologies if it offended you or any other poster here.

I actually don’t put Elway as high up on a pedestal as other people do.

From a god given talent standpoint Elway is up there. From what he got our it you have a point.

Those two comebacks against the Browns really carried his status for a long while.

I appreciate you and the reply ! :peace_symbol:

I also apologize for getting thread off Track.

2 Likes

I think its awful hard to compare stats between generations of QB’s. The NFL Elway played in was much much different than the league today. Alot of these QB’s playing today might not have survived the hits those QB’s in the past took every Sunday. Elway was one hell of a QB and talent.

Same era:

This statement puts the blame on people who found your statement inappropriate instead of taking responsibility for your own actions. Just a bit of insight. Take it or leave it.

Maybe if he was playing bingo at an old folks home. He’s on a message board with grown men who watch one of the most violent sports in the world.

1 Like