Josh Allen or Joe Burrow....whose better?

This argument is silly. Every one knows that the perfection rankings are basically Eden, Shangri-la, then Detroit. For the past 50 years Lions Football has been synonymous with success.

1 Like

When it comes to O-Line play, tackles are the most important position to protecting the QB. When you lose 2, you in trouble!

2 Likes

QB succes is dependent on himself and the players around him. I don’t think there’s a QB that it doesn’t pertain to. I’d add coaching to that equation as well.

3 Likes

If that 50 years was successful, I don’t want to know what failure feels like. lol

4 Likes

Goff might not be a truck right now… but he WILL be… pocket passers win championships. Defense wins championships. And before you tell me that Mahomes is not a pocket passer… lol. he is…

2 Likes

Maybe Goff is a Chevy Avalanche. Everyone thinks they look funny and nobody knows how to classify them but they are from Detroit and perform like crazy

4 Likes

That’s some Detroit level excuse making, right there!

1 Like

Pat Mahomes is the only truck in the entire world right now….

Burrow is a STUD- but he’s playing with Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst… and his defense has allowed over 24 points just 3 times in 18 games this year…. And his D has held last 4 under 19!!!

Did Erin drag GB anywhere?
Did Allen lead Buffalo to anything significant?

2 of the 4 remaining are playing guys that most didn’t expect to be full time starters, let alone making the NFC Championship.

Herbert? The last two years he’s had a trio of WRs, experience at WR4/5… solid TEs, and a RB with back to back 1700 yard from scrimmage seasons and 20 and 18 tds the last 2 years. They used back to back firsts on D, and traded for K Mack while adding an 80M CB and a big money NT…… they’ve given him quite the cast….

How can anyone pretend that Fields or Murray is a truck? Literally they are proof they can’t drag a cast to victory with them.

4 Likes

Just because he doesn’t have a roster to carry doesn’t mean he couldn’t.

2 Likes

I really don’t know what to say?
There were times this season that Goffs #1 RB, 1-5 WR, both starting G’s and the Center were out.
Know, he didn’t win, but, he put 45 on Seattle.
Goff is back, and better than ever.
Somehow we’re going to have to bridge this gap.:laughing:

4 Likes

Have I told you how much I appreciate your posts?

5 Likes

That’s why I want to draft a stud guard.
The right guard position was a problem all season.

3 Likes

You say Murray is not a truck? How do you explain this?

4 Likes

That’s why I joke about guys not being good enough to start at Ohio State but they are good enough to be 1st round picks in the NFL. Its not a slight to OSU. They didn’t make a mistake. They really do have that kind of talent. Jamo is another joke I like to bring up, how he wasn’t good enough to start at OSU. The joke is funny to me because of who OSU had at receiver around the same time. Top shelf guys.

Bijan is so strong that he makes the tackles that he breaks with power look easy and seamless. Its not a big production. Guys run into him and bounce right off. But he also has a mean stiff arm. The second defender is lucky the play was stopped.

1 Like

Yep, that looks to be him.

2 Likes

This ALL day.

I think this is by far the #1 reason some fans and pundits STILL won’t give Goff his due: they confuse style for substance, panache for productivity. Goff is as ego-less a QB as you’re gonna find starting in the NFL. He’s not gonna gun the ball unless it’s needed. Not gonna throw the risky bomb when the 20-yder is there for the taking. Has no problem throwing the ball away. Doesn’t need to be a hero; just wants to win. He’s “boring” - AND hella effective.

3 Likes

Burrow is a better quarterback. He goes all the reads and throws it to the open man. Josh Allen is good quarterback with amazing arm strength but it seemed to me the snow bothered him more than Burrow.

4 Likes

It’s hard to compare the 2 because they play with different styles. Burrow to me has the better team surrounding him and specifically more offensive weapons. Buffalo has weapons as well, but are too reliant on Diggs. One weapon can be taken out of an offense by good defenses. Plus, I don’t care for the makeup of Buffalo’s offense. It’s too reliant on Allen running the football. Whether this is Buffalo’s offense due to no running game or the choices Allen is making is hard to determine. It might be a little of both. I just foresee if it continues, Allen will end up spending a lot of time on IR.

3 Likes

If I’m a GM. Have the #1 overall pick, & need a QB. I’m taking Josh Allen over Joe Burrow. Looking like can’t go wrong with either, but to OP’s question give me Allen

I’m the same.
Allen’s only downside is the hard miles. I can’t see his career lasting as long as Burrow.
Plus, it’s SUPER-FUNNY to see Burrow out there looking like an 8th grader shredding NFL defenses, so to me…that sells tickets on comedy factor alone.

Love 'em both. If my goal is to win a SB now → give me Allen. Super hard choice though

1 Like