Josh Downs 🔥 Best WR in College Football

2 Likes

Hey guys, a reminder please not to copy and paste content directly from another site. You can cite and grab some pieces while linking back, but do not do a full copy and paste.

2 Likes

Was it the stats?

2 Likes

The stats and summary were all pasted in. No biggie, just looking out for you guys.

2 Likes

Avoid copius pasta! Got it!

dinner pasta GIF

@Nate, I know Pro Football Focus has premium features, but I thought Pro Football Network did not, though I’m not sure.

If a site does NOT have premium features, is it OK to copy verbatim?

Nope, never OK. Even if it’s free. The problem is a copyright violation, and while not likely, they can lodge a complaint against whichever user posted it, and by law, I have to turn over your info to them. Again, unlikely, but I’d prefer we not find out.

8 Likes

I’m thinking this deserves a “thank you”.
Always looking out for us.
Good on you!

2 Likes

Handcuffs GIF by GIPHY News

I practice my perp walk all the time, but I’ve never actually had to do it…

Not the best WR in college football

If we didn’t have Sun God I would be totally in on drafting Downs in Rd. 2. The problem is Downs is purely a slot IMO. Doesn’t add much versatility.

1 Like

I really like Hyatt. I wonder if he can play on the outside and be a DeSean Jackson type wr.

1 Like

Downs has some run after the catch ability but he doesn’t have good catch ability. He is a very small target and he doesn’t have great hands. Actually even in that hilight reel there were at least a half dozen catches where he doesn’t catch it clean. You see a lot of double clutches and body catches.

2 Likes

redemption sake GIF

Most importantly, never plagiarize fellas, that’s bad, umkkk

1 Like

I loved watching Downs as a college player. That being said I am seeing an explosive playmaker who has a limited role in the NFL. He’s kind of like a Kalif Raymond IMO. So we would be taking him with the idea of getting 400 yards receiving, some nice runs and some return ability.

I think its hard to justify where he will be picked when that is the expected return.

2 Likes

“Excerpts”

Beyond that, how many small WRs not named Desean Jackson have succeeded in the NFL?

Tavon Austin had a bunch of hype, was drafted No. 8 overall, and was basically a bust and has a career 9.2 ypr:

More recently, D’Wayne Eskridge drafted No. 56 overall and hasn’t done much yet with 7.2 ypr:

Rondale Moore, drafted No. 49 overall, has been ok, but hasn’t lit the world on fire with 8.9 ypr:

The last two years, with 12.5 ypr, Khalif Raymond has been better than any of them and he was undrafted:

1 Like

Steve Smith.
But yeah, we don’t need another small guy.

Steve Smith played at 195 lbs and had a stockier body type ala Golden Tate.

1 Like