Josh Pachal has sports hernia

you’re right. I missed this article

2 Likes

May 24-26, June 1-3, June 13-16: Lions OTAs

It was injured in May, 12 weeks into the middle of august. I’m curious to what his timeline is at right now.

3 Likes

Here is your complimentary Jordan Dizon jersey…

5 Likes

I had Bolton hair once.

It’s so bizarre that I would love to see us trade into round 1 every year using our 2nd rounder+

Bizarre is the perfect word for it

1 Like

I do Yes covers in Bolton hair with a banjo, so spot on.

5 Likes

That is actually the exact sort of music I’ve imagined you playing all these years.

3 Likes

Extra credit for the Yes reference.

3 Likes

I would imagine week 7-10 as an educated guess to when he sees the field. Significant injury……

He will miss all of season, he might come back for couple games only to injury it again.

Rookie DL Josh Paschal had core muscle surgery

Jeff Risdon

July 28, 2022 8:24 am ET

A day after telling reporters that rookie defensive lineman Josh Paschal was placed on the physically unable to perform list for a “sports hernia situation,” Lions head coach Dan Campbell elaborated more.

Campbell revealed that Paschal, the team’s second-round draft pick, had surgery for the core muscle issue. He did not give an exact date but noted it was “late spring, early summer”. Paschal was active for the Lions’ rookie minicamp in May, which would pin the surgery date down to sometime after May 15th.

Recovery time on core muscle surgery varies based on a variety of factors, but it generally takes 10-12 weeks for a full recovery. Cornerback Jeff Okudah missed six weeks in his rookie season after having similar surgery. One of the limiting factors in recovery to football is a lack of permitted exercise and weight-bearing activity in the post-surgery rehab process.

Paschal missed the end of his senior season at Kentucky with a related injury. Core muscle and sports hernia generally refer to the same basic injury but don’t always mean the same thing. He remains on the PUP list.

3 Likes

The article said Okudah came back in 6 weeks with a similar injury. We have about 6 weeks from opening day. Obviously we don’t know when he had this surgery for sure, but late spring/early Summer is likely early to mid June. Lets say he is 6 weeks into his surgery, so he is trending to be ready for opening day.

Even if he’s trending to be ready for opening day, I’d bet they hold him back and let him recover slowly and make him practice and come back week 4 or after.

2 Likes

MCDC said in today’s presser that Paschal had Surgery late spring early summer.

So, he must have aggravated it at Rookie Mini-camp, then had surgery and is now recovering.

Hopefully, he tried to rehab without surgery and then finally had surgery late May early June.
If he had surgery at Kentucky and had a second surgery this spring/summer, I’d think that would be really bad.

2 Likes

We might need to sign a free agent D-end to start the season. Both Paschal and Romeo will most likely not be playing until late October/early November. We got Charles Harris and Hutch as starters, and then not much behind them.

Any vet D-ends still out there!?

Lions 2nd-round rookie Josh Paschal had surgery for sports hernia in spring

Detroit Lions coach Dan Campbell gave an injury update on the team’s second round pick on Day 1 of training camp.

Every time I see his name, I think:

I have no inside info at all.

But if he had surgery before the combine, that would have precluded him participating in it. If he had surgery after the combine, every team would know about it and that news would have surfaced by now. He participated a little in the May OTAs, so he didn’t have surgery after the draft.

I’m guessing the first and only sports hernia surgery Paschal had was under the Lions guidance.

2 Likes

I think we can roll with Austin Bryant and Julian Okwara and John Cominsky until our November playoff push. Everyone else will be healthy, right???

Maybe, but those 2 guys have both missed a lot of games due to injury as well. I do like Julian as a pass rusher, not so much in the run game though, he gets manhandled.

2 Likes

Sounds like recovery is ahead of schedule… :+1:

5 Likes