Just piling on Dan Snyder

The Saint Louis Rams tanking to LA files
The Kaepernick files
The Concussion files
The NCAA “agreement” files

They approved sale of Browns to the guy whose other company was under investigation for truck stop racqueteering ?

@Weaselpuppy not corrupt just bad business rep from within the industry as compared to the other owners

1 Like

Yeah, when the Redskins name thing first came up 20 or however many years ago I didn’t understand it. The name never denigrated native Americans, more celebrated their warrior spirit. It was never used hatefully. To me it was people with an axe to grind for no particular reason

But older, and maybe a bit wiser, I see it more clearly. Times do change. We live in a more sensitive, if not sensible society. There is no reason to have a brand that literally exploits the skin color of a marginalized people. At best it is appropriation.

So even if you disagree with the pressure to change the name, from a business standpoint it was a no brainer. Snyder’s intransigence with the name hurt not just his own franchise but all of his partners as well.

2 Likes

Foightin’ Oirish! Eirinn Go Brach! Dia duit, ya sodding wankers! (I’m part English too, so that last bit fits)

lucky charms GIF

St Patricks Day Candy GIF by Trolli

Cultural appropriation you say? Hmmm.

Agree… and why not be a leader in it rather than clinging to it ?

Plus I figure the team could actually gain on revenue still able to sell throwback gear or licensing as well as the new design.

It was handled so clumsily and hesitantly , it’s not a wonder the name change was underwhelming

But Snyder hurt the team and fans far more than any name change

If this was 150 years ago when No Irish signs were everywhere I could see it the same

1 Like

Progress! Now Im not allowed in places because of my actual behavior!

1 Like

I am not a supporter of him ,I wish he had fought harder to keep Redskin name.

What he did or didn’t do outside of football i think could be questioned.

The NFL didn’t like him an we know they can control the media an the story line.

They get there way an we all have seen it happen. There form of judtices is not fair for anyone but media will cover there asses.

Snyder is gone a wealthier man then when he bought team . My opinion he is a shady owner but its not like he is only one in NFL. Maybe some day the whole truth will come out not just what NFL controlled media wants you as fans to know.

2 Likes