Just realized Patricia is still the coach, now I'm sad

No, I hadn’t heard that! That sounds more like the Golden Tate I thought he was.
It’s easy enough for the NFL to verify, and if he’s telling the truth and the NFL suspended him anyway, that’s both heartbreaking and infuriating.
Now, I want to know!

1 Like

The mad scientist got 4,000 yards out of Kitna with Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and a cast of nobody’s!

4 Likes

I also liked Linehan. I don’t blame him for what happened in 2012 and 2013. He put the team in a position to make plays and they didn’t.

2 Likes

2 consecutive years, too.

We thought Martz was pass happy, Linehan still holds records for most pass attempts in a season in 2012.

2 Likes

I thought we should have stuck with Lombardi. I was one, if not the, first to notice that Stafford was over 60% completion for every game in 2015. I was tracking it by game 3. It was far more impressive to me that he did it in the first half, when we were playing tough playoff teams than it was to do it when we have the soft schedule.

It was as if we finally took off the training wheels, put the dude under center more, but then just when it was starting to take, we panicked and put the training wheels back on. The reason the team was bad in 2015 wasn’t the offense. The defense gave up 400 points. Losing Suh and not having Donald was a phenomenal error on Mayhew’s part. That ahole. If I ever meet him I will curse him out for that.

I think that was the biggest mistake by a Lions GM since well before Millen showed up. Even worse than passing on D. Ware for Mike Williams because 2014 would have been a super bowl contender with that DL. That’s how the vaGiants did it that one year they beat the Pats.

2 Likes

I always felt like Lambo was a “system guy”. He knew Sean Payton’s system, and could implement that…with the right pieces. When he didn’t have the right personnel, he lacked the creativity to get anything done. Putting CJ on the outside, so they could use the sideline to hem him out with it…ridiculous error…repeatedly. Turned Calvin into an expensive decoy. I never rooted for someone to get fired so hard in my life.

Thankful that we are experiencing different times now.

Our damn coach is a game time decision lol

I see that. But I still think it was taking away the crutch to force Stafford to learn. Force Stafford to not focus on first read. Find your underneath guys. And it was working… Then they pussed out.

CJ was still the most targeted in 2015. Then Tate. Tate was money with YAC. It made sense and a boatload of 1st downs.

1 Like

I pretty much love that it’s just a cool story at this point. We will be going to a meat and potatoes offense, that doesn’t turn the ball over…with a nasty D, an excellent punter, and a great FG kicker from range. We should win the battle of turnover ratio most weeks. We should also win the battle of field position most weeks. We are not The Greatest Show on Turf, so most games will not likely be blowouts. And in close games---->

Mathew is awesome at 2 minute offense, should we need to use the O that way, while the O is also set up to munch the clock with a lead. I like what is going on now.

1 Like

Stafford rolling out throwing darts on the shaded slant routes will be unstoppable.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how our guys do with yards after catch, especially Hoch!

1 Like

I’ve been calling for a return to the run game since James Stewart left. I hate the pass happy bullcrap.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s appealing the suspension and expects it to be overturned. But of course, what else would he say? In any event, not some crazy HGH or steroid thing…

ESPN data: 10,000 simulations reveal Lions’ wins at high of 9, low of 5

According to the data, 90 percent of the simulations fell between nine wins and five wins.

The “biggest variable” for the Lions, according to Michael Rothstein, is new coordinator Darrell Bevell’s offense taking hold.

1 Like

Sounds about right

The dreaded Dabney Coleman schedule…

2 Likes

Dr Strange looked into the Lions future to see a possible path for a super bowl. After he was done he just looked at Thanos and said ‘dude, you’re right. just go ahead and snap’

2 Likes

And after last night and watching the offense during the first quarter, I like our chances to hit 9 wins.

Liked what I saw from the passing game, but the rushing still looked like shit. Chalk it up to a really good Bills D I hope.

Our OL is not up to par, IMO. Combination of their D being good, and our OL being weak.