Justice Hill RB Ok St

I like the idea of drafting another RB to pair with Kerryon. Let Blount and his 2.7ypc go, possibly cut Riddick to clear cap space ($3.4 mil in savings), re-sign Zenner as RB3/4, and draft some youth.

I think most of us would like to pair Kerryon with another big back but Justice Hill caught my eye. Here’s my breakdown:

Positives
Great burst through the hole
Elusive at top speed
Willing pass blocker
Natural pass catcher
Patient with blockers
Decent vision

Negatives
Size. Only 5’10" 190lb
Likely most effective as a 3rd down back

Boise St Game

The Boise St game shows his burst, vision, and effort. I’m sold on him and would love to pick him up on the 3rd. It’ll be interesting to see how he runs at the combine.

I like this guy too, and I recall the Lions having some success drafting from Ok St in the past. I think KJ as the #1, Hill in the Riddick role and ZZ to replace Blount would be an improvement heading into 2019.

2 Likes

My fav RB in this class. I’ve been watching him closely for two years. But I think he has a chance to sniff the first round, similar to Penny and Michel last year.

1 Like

Well he just ran the fastest 40 out of the RBs and had a 40" vert. 4.40 but he only weighed 198. If Ronald Jones went in the 2nd last year I think Hill could go as high as the 2nd this year with that 40 time and vert.

1 Like