K. Thibodeaux

Believing in Holmes, Campbell & staff to get this right. I haven’t been able to say that, regarding this Organization, in quite a while. Talent wise he is a top 5 pick; getting into his mind & determining his commitment to football seems to be the only remaining question.

1 Like

I just think that the deficiencies you cite, really aren’t that big of a deal. My point on being yoked is that its really hard to be ripped and be in poor cardio condition. Which was something you had mentioned as an unanswered question regarding not playing at 100% all the time. As to size, welp it’s just hard to have a major concern about the thinness of a man who is 6’4 and change and 258. I get it’s nitpicking season among scouts, but that’s exactly what it is.

2 Likes

he does kind of look like a Dr Seuss character with a big middle and stick legs. Rush the passer I will I will, green eggs with dill will fit the bill

1 Like

thee old “he’s thin…he can’t play .” stance.

whatdoyoumeanbodytypecanhsveae"ffectonthat

1 Like

I see that KT only turned 21 at the start of December. Think some slack is needed in the character assessments in relation to interests outside of football, he is still a kid.

I think the culture which Dan is building would be great for someone like KT and would welcome him and help mold him into a better player help him grow mentally as well. Most of the character concerns are about interests outside of football rather than transgressions or misdemeanors. The kid has a cocky streak but it is understandable, he was been touted as the 1OA pick in this draft for two years or more. I think he will thrive in Detroit if we get him.

4 Likes

This is valid.

I do try to remind myself of this.

And that when you listen to Staley and Sheppard talk, they don’t really sound all that different.

2 Likes

Greg Cosell’s thoughts on two pass rushers:

Jermaine Johnson

Cosell: “He lined up on the edge on both sides of the defensive front, took some snaps inside in sub fronts. Stood up at times, put his hand on the ground at times. He had some really fun tape to watch because he had a lot of snaps against North Carolina State left tackle Ikem Ekwonu and he beat Ekwonu a number of times. So, there was some really good tape to watch of him. I liked Johnson. He’s kind of got a wiry body, very sinewy, but he played stronger than what his body type looks like. He’s got really long arms. He’s athletic. I mean, his 10-yard split in the 40-yard dash was better than some receivers. I think Johnson down the road is going to be a really good edge pass rusher. I wouldn’t say that he’s a natural bender but he can bend enough where I think that can continue to improve. He’s a really good run player right now.”

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Cosell: “Well, I think Thibodeaux has certain strong traits. I think that his game, he’s got a really quick get-off, he can explode off the ball with initial balance and body control, he’s got a sudden and powerful burst off the ball. He was at his best as a pass rusher when he was first off the ball, which is what you always like your pass rushers to be. I think he’s more of a power player than he is an athletic bender. He’s got powerful, heavy hands, he can rush speed-to-power, but as I mentioned a moment ago, he does not have the desired bend and flexibility. He’s got lower-body stiffness, so he can’t flatten his rush path when he clears the arc. When he clears the high side, the arc as they call it, he can’t flatten his rush path the way you want it to be so he doesn’t have that bend, burst and closing speed to the quarterback. That’s not his game. In some ways, and he weighs less, but he kind of reminded me of Jadeveon Clowney.”

This is interesting and seems to be reflected in the 3Cone time. But narrative here from some posters is that he’s an elite bender.

(speaking of elite benders. I may have had a bit too much scotch last night)

2 Likes

Single most perverted analysis I’ve ever heard of a football player. Damn, bro.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face: hey dog I’ve made my fair share of “out there” posts to, so I can’t gripe.

1 Like

Well said, the Lions are doing their due diligence on KT and I will support their decision either way. I am 100% behind the KT bandwagon though. The Detroit Lions have not had a DE that can actually get to the QB on a regular basis since Robert Porcher, we desperately need one. People say he takes plays off, that is complete group think. I have seen one suspected play that he didn’t dive onto the pile. I would love for someone to send me the tape of him taking all of these plays off. I also don’t care about off the field concerns. He has other interests but has never been in trouble with the law, so the point should be mute. With (4) first round picks this year and next, we need to take some swings here in the 1st round. We won’t hit on all of them but if KT is as dominant as he was in Oregon, our defense will take the next step in making some big improvements.

I’m behind it the second Brad picks him (If he does).

Really? I haven’t seen that. I think his supporters think that he’s bendy enough but i don’t think anyone has alluded to him being Brian Burns or Trent Cole or whatever super bendy edge you’d like to use as the litmus test.

I’m hoping Thib’s is the pick regardless of who Jacksonville takes. I still think he’s the BPA. If the Jags took him I’d probably take Hutchinson but Sauce would definitely be in the conversation.

quoted , One of the highest rated recruits EVER to play college in Eugene , He lived up to his billing, making first-team All-conference as a true freshman, and entered his junior year as the favorite to be the top non-quarterback in the draft. He did nothing to dispel that hype with his 2021 performance. He is not a lock to be top pick, though his case is a strong one.
Once-in-a-class type of athlete , Absurdly fast and crisp off of his stance, shocking amount of power behind his punch. He can uproot tackles and drive them back into the QB’s lap with his bull-rush. Athletic enough to drop into cover and run with backs. Gets his hands up to disrupt passing lanes , Elite balance and body control. Creates nightmarish angles for blockers. Top-end play strength and twitchy hands will catch opponents off guard. Legs keep churning to maintain momentum. Takes good angles in pursuit and won’t undercut the runner. Chase Young Comp , 8.7 grade equals : Pro-Bowl to Perennial All-Pro. www. lindyssports.com.

Bob Quinn would 100% draft Thibbs. So would Millen.

We will see about B. Holmies. I think he has been fairly astute so far. His FA receivers sucked last year, and the two DT’s in the draft are still question marks … but everything else has been pretty solid.

Should be an interesting first two days of the draft.

1 Like

In the eyes of fans, a good percentage of us will think he ■■■■■ it up, no matter who he takes w/2 overall.

I think he’s gonna prove to be a guy that gets dudes like St Brown on the regular.

Watch the UDFAs come in and contribute again. It’ll get tougher for UDFAs to make it as the depth of the roster gets more talented, but Holmes will get us good talent…AND…the coaching staff will continue to get the most out of 'em.

Elite bend? No. Lacking any ounce of “closing speed to the QB??” Crazy talk.

Yeah. Dude’s a cheetah going after a Gazelle when the QB leaves the pocket.

He’s imperfect but I’m quite confident the net positive of his pass rushing pluses and kinuses will make him a highly effective pass rusher.

He’ll get washed out some in the run game. How much? Not sure. To be honest I’m also not sure how much i even care about that.

2 Likes