Kelly Stafford: Football hadn't been fun for Matthew in a very long time

The Lions are singularly the most dysfunctional franchise in American professional sports (only reason I’m not saying the world is lord knows what some of those soccer clubs are up to.).

Anyone who has had this misfortune of playing for the Lions is, in a sense, a victim of them. This is especially true if you are an incredible talent who finds yourself wearing the silver and blue.

Very, very, very, very, very, very, long time!
That’s one “very” for every decade.

Totally, man - don’t take it personally. Not against you, just general post of the merry-go-round of ppl judging. I get lazy w/my languaging sometimes. I can do better in considering who will take my words in which ways, for sure.

That said, I hve no apologies to offer for feeling the way I do. I meant every word of it. I can see how you would feel this is directed toward you, personally. It wasn’t.

Thank you, my man! Appreciate you telling me what you’re seeing!

Also, man. I’ve been popping in while working, so far less focused. I’m just excited about football being back. LOL

People often forget in that game that we got the ball left with two minutes with a chance to drive the field for a win and Stafford fumbled twice

1 Like

I’m convinced the toxic nature of Quinntricia is what made Stafford say, “Nope; no more rebuilds.”

You know that I, personally, am fine with that, because it was time for both to do something different. But I bet if Stafford would have been in a different head-space, not destroyed by Quinn and Patricia’s demoralizing tenure, he would be pretty fired up about where things are heading with this group.

1 Like

Oh yeah?! Well Kelly Stafford posting on this board under the moniker JRLions hasn’t been fun for a very long time.

In fact, it was never fun.

5 Likes

Offsetting. Replay the down. :man_shrugging:

I like her except when she posts as JRLions

5 Likes

Kelly told Matt to wear this atrocious sweater in order to drive her point home, apparently. #sad

1 Like

Stafford looked great but that’s a game the Rams are supposed to win. Jesus Christ its the Bears with Andy Dalton? NFCW looks absolutely dominant. Arizona and Seattle went on the road and took care of 2 good teams. It will be fun watching the Rams play this year for sure. With the rebuild were going through it will be cool to actually watch some good football.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the kind of sweater your wife makes you wear to make sure no other ladies look at ya twice.

2 Likes

I know you don’t mean it like this but comparing Kelly talking to curing Cancer?!?!
My mother passed from Cancer, just over 20 years ago. I’m sure you’ve seen someone close to you pass from this disease and you know how ugly a death it is.
Do you really think someone would complain if someone came-up with a cure for this disease?
And I don’t mean to be hypocritical or judge anyone else, cuz I’m pretty sure I’ve said this same thing at some point in my life…but for someone who lectures others on this board about being a better person and better self, it seems like something you shouldn’t be saying.

Well, I think it’s a response to Matt having to all those totally MOROSE pressers after losses in DET.

One could say she’s trolling Lions fans in that sense, but is probably just glad to see him… glad. Still, it’s fruity and a troll.

Keep in mind it had to be a post-game decision, no way he wears that after a loss. So yeah, total troll. And yes, it was stated in the LA media that it was Kelly who total him to wear it.

He’s in the honeymoon phase in LA yet. It happens when you change jobs and leave that old, stale job for greener grass. Everybody is happy when they are winning, he’ll come back to earth when they start losing or he makes some bone-head plays that makes everyone question his decision-making.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ll see. I do want him to win. Maybe not a SB lol. Maybe get to the big dance and lose, lol.

Sorry you lost your mom, bro. I have lost an aunt that I was close to to cancer as well.

Only big pharma. Nobody normal, that’s why I said it.

hy·per·bo·le
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Exaggerating to drive the point home that all she’s really doing is being a devoted, loving wife, and people get all twisted up over it. I love Stafford, and I’ve never read a single Kelly Tweet. Many ppl would bitch about anything…even if she invented a cure for cancer, as long as they could take a shot at bashing Stafford.

Making a point in a very light hearted way, man.
:wink:
My comment had nothing to do with your mom, or my aunt who died of it either. No matter what Kelly says, ppl are going to be offended. I advise her to just be herself. Applies to Kelly, and following my own advice.

My statement is literally no different than saying “You could develop free, clean energy source for life, and some ppl would bitch.” It’s just my opinion, but the mere mention of the word cancer would have to be offensive, in order to be offended by that post.

I get that you have an emotional anchor around it, but where do we draw a line around “offensive” or “rude?”

I teach people how to deal with pain, I don’t coddle them through avoiding pain thier entire life.

If you went through a breakup in high school, and a certain song was playing when it happened, you could easily get sad when that song comes on and not even know why. Subconscious triggers happen everywhere. We must be responsible for our own energy. It takes more to trigger some people than others, that’s for damn sure. I still work on getting more sensitive to my own triggers and seeing where they come from.

Here’s something about triggers…
If we get triggered…(sad, mad, offended, angry, depressed, etc), this can only happen I the Life Condition doesn’t match the Blueprint.

It is in people’s nature to blame the life condition. “You did this to me, and YOU made me sad/angry/etc”.
Victim^^^
OR you can look at the blueprint (your own thinking)
“I notice I’m feeling triggered (sad, angry, overwhelmed, etc). What is causing it? What would I have to believe in order to be triggered, right now? IS THIS REAL?”

What would someone have to believe, in order to believe that statement to be insensitive?

I spend all day teaching people how to deal with thier triggers, not how to avoid them and live in a bubble. I LITERALLY think getting triggered is a good thing, as it is the ONLY way we can grow. If you are always in yoru comfort zone, there is zero growth. 100% of growth happens outside of your comfort zone.

Rooting for you, as a dude, a father, a neighbor, etc.

While I am not going to be rude, I am never going to have a goal of overly protecting folks either. It is healthy for people to learn to deal with their triggers in a healthy way.

Sending love to you and your mom.

This is NOT “tough love,” it’s honest love…connecting to a deeper truth.
It is not “brutally honest,” it’s lovingly honest. I am aware that there is risk to sending this in text, as you can’t read my energy. I am in a very centered, grounded, loving, trustworthy, masculine energy, as I type this. I have only the best of intentions.

4 Likes

Actually I do. But that’s a different conversation.

If Stafford were a real G he would have wore DeSean Jackson’s outfit and jewelry to the press conference. Instead he’s got his wife trying to win an ugly sweater contest.

5 Likes

Well, I read the thread. But that’s it for caring about what Kelly Stafford thinks. I’d rather listen to David Blough’s wife now!

3 Likes

Exactly Snags!!! Great call out Honeymoon phase!!! Thats exactly what it is. Grass always seems greener on other side but…- Anyways Kelly wanted out of Det a long time ago hence putting house up for sale feelers and all … Stafford is just along for the ride. Granted he’s a class act she got what she wanted. Also don’t discount that the Panthers offered a pretty big deal which LA had to respond to as she didn’t want to go to NC.

Stafford is a class act and gentleman but Kelly is the head of the family and operation and she got what she wanted. No disrespect to anyone just pointing that out

3 Likes

I think too many of you are reading what she had to say as slamming Detroit and it’s fans. She might have been slamming the organization—which we all do. A couple things—moving was extremely difficult for both of them because they had gotten really attached to the city and it’s people.

Second, this is just another article that throws shade as Detroit—because it’s the in thing to do. While this person is from the Freep many of these hacks have never been to the city, or the state, much less know any one from there.

Besides, yeah it couldn’t have been fun for someone who busts his butt for an organization, only to realize they ain’t making the playoffs……by week 10!!

All top athletes want to do is compete with a chance to win. Most years that was taken away from Stafford. So I’m not going to lose my mind because a journalist who writes a piece with a negative slant against Detroit organization.