Kelly Stafford's playoff plea: Rams fans, don't sell tickets to Cardinals fans

Mahomes baby momma post way more crap and more stupid stuff by a mile

Just that nobody here follows her and the few that do don’t dissect her every word

I generally agree with Kelly and do here…she is right.

And I would have thrown a pretzel at the guy too…or worse.

3 Likes

Imagine someone, from her latest mansion bought by her husband who’s made about $200 million playing football and not winning a thing, telling working-class fans how and if they should sell their tickets to whoever will give them the most money for them.

Not Looking Good Season 5 GIF by Outlander

3 Likes

OK, Nebraska is subtle, you have to know where to go and what to do. In the last 3 months I have driven across Nebraska twice, once to Denver and once to Cody, Wyoming. Live music in Lincoln at the Zoo Bar, depends on who’s playing. Ole’s Big Game Steakhouse and Lounge in Paxton, check. If I’m going to Wyoming, Cabella’s mother ship is in Sydney. If I decide to take the diagonal out of Ogallala, I stop at Scottsbluff National Monument, which is pretty impressive. Used to stop at Luigi’s in North Platte but they changed their supplier on their Italian sausage and it ain’t what it used to be. Ogallala still has gas under $2.80 as of 2 weeks ago, so that’s where I fill up. They shut down the Chevyland Museum in Elm Creek, too bad, it was really cool. Stopped there once driving a '63 Nova out to see Clapton and The Blasters at Red Rocks in Colorado, the Nova was mint and they wanted it, bad. What I know about small town America, lot’s of them have something about them that is pretty cool. On the flip side, many of them don’t. If you spend all your time looking at your phone, don’t stop, it’s not for you.

4 Likes

BTW, if you can’t get enough of Kelly, she has a podcast every Tuesday…

1 Like

Kelly gets a lot of attention because she has a large social media following of her own.

1 Like

crocker2007

2 Likes

Interesting take. I didn’t think working-class fans were the ones selling tickets. I figured working-class fans are going to the games. I was thinking there are a lot of people who bought tickets strictly for resale and profit. and they don’t give a shit about the Rams.

2 Likes

Not really sure how many cashiers from Walmart have purchased Rams tickets… but I fully understand when the waitress from iHOP sells her tickets to pay for Timmy’s braces. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Excellent point.

Irrelevant inflammatory dig

Great point!

Haha! I would think that target audience is very small. Zero interest. Listening to the podcast of a players wife seems pretty boring. I’d wait for one of you guys to post any pertinent details, if a rare “insider gem” came out of it. Not worth digging through hours of nothing to find out a couple of cool things about one of yoru favorite athletes.

…however, if Barry had a wife back in the day, I may just have been that big of a stalker. LOL.

I actually don’t have a problem with the point she is trying to make, although it probably would be more impactful coming from a player on the team or someone in the organization.

I would love to have some NFL teams in ‘flyover’ states instead of friggin london. there are enough fans in those areas that love college football that would love to have a pro team.

2 Likes

YES!!!
I think it’s hilarious that they called themselves the CornHuskers, in Nebraska. SO funny to me.

I presume it’s at least something like the Dodgers crowds, which, yes, have a lot of the Hollywood/Beverly Hills upper class types, but also a lot of Latinos from the barrios.

Spot on observation.
Personally, I’ll never buy another NFL game ticket. The cost of attending a game is staggering when you account for parking, refreshments, etc, and the game experience is dreadful because of the endless tv breaks, etc. Given that it’s such a tiny % of their revenue, teams should be giving them away.

Totally agree that all WAGs ( or WABs, WADs, and WAMs, for that matter) should stfu and do their charity work.

1 Like

If Matt had her balls we would have won a SB. lol

7 Likes

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

2 Likes

It’s absolutely worth asking why they don’t! Here’s the reality: The vast majority of NFL revenues come from TV, so smaller markets can absolutely sustain NFL teams. Look at Green Bay. What they can’t usually sustain? New stadiums that the local municipality pays for, basically just transferring tax dollars to the owners bank account. It’s all you need to know about why cities like St. Louis and San Diego no longer have teams, and why Buffalo is always on the brink of losing theirs.

As much as we can criticize the Fords, and lord do they deserve it, that’s the one thing we can thank them for. They most definitely have committed to keeping this team in Detroit, without putting a gun to taxpayers heads and demanding cash.

1 Like

GB might be a small town but they actually have a bigger following than the Lions. All of the U.P. are GB fans and if you look at attendance they crush the Lions. With 600k people is Detroit really a decent market anymore?

GB definitely has a bigger following than the Lions, but it’s because they’ve done a fantastic job growing their brand outside their local market via TV. (It helps when you actually, like, win. And have superstar quarterbacks back to back for decades.)

The market itself though is minuscule. Even with the city of Detroit’s shrinking population, the greater detroit region is still the 15th biggest TV market in the country, with more than 1.8 million homes. Milwaukee, the biggest population center in Wisconsin, is 37th with less than half that. Even if you add northern Wisconsin and northern Michigan, you’re still talking about a smaller market. All the more reason why GB has done an amazing job using TV to grow their fan base. And all the more evidence that the only thing keeping the NFL out of smaller markets is how much owners can shake them down for.

1 Like