Kenny Golladay Listed as 'Logical' Potential Lions Signing

What’s interesting is that when Golladay first got into the NFL, he was a culture fit. He was a hard worker who did whatever it took to help his team. Something changed as Kenny got closer to a big payday. To me its pretty clear that he doesn’t have good people around him advising him.

He is also part of a big legal case between his former agent and his current agent. The allegations are that the new agent basically paid Kenny to leave his old agent leading up to his big free agency payday.

3 Likes

What makes you think the Rams want a quicker in Kenny Golladay ? It would have to be at a cheap price

Patricia effect really changed careers

1 Like

Lions are pretty hot click bait, no effort required.
No separation, no fit. That simple.

2 Likes

So much for regulating the gambling in our organization huh pal

2 Likes

I think Golladay was always essentially a one-trick pony, but that trick was coming down with moon shots. I don’t hate the guy, but Stafford made him.

Stafford has handed A BUNCH of receivers their career years.

Before Cooper Kupp it was the Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Kenny Golladay variety.

In hindsight, it’s clear that Stafford had THE BEST WR in the league from 2009-2015 and couldn’t win a single playoff game, then he wills a better team to SB victory by making huge 4th quarter plays to take the lead in the final frame of 3 consecutive playoff games.

What gets overlooked is that when CJ retired, Stafford’s total yards and yards per catch went UP in 2016 and 2017 as he took WR2 guys like Marvin Jones and Golden Tate to their career highs. In 2018 and 2019, Golladay got his too. None of these guys were WR1 material (as we saw when they left) but we didn’t know that when they had a QB who could get them the ball anywhere and under pressure.

Stafford takes receivers’ numbers up to whatever their next level is. Case and point, when he had two receivers who actually are great, he made them the #1 and #2 single season yards leaders of ALL TIME. NFL Receiving Yards Single-Season Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

2 Likes

■■■■ no…….NEXT……

2 Likes

I was looking at so e youtube videos and Calvin Austin was the subject of 1 of them…. which made me wonder if the Steelers even have room to keep him.

They have Diontae, Pickens and A-Rob.
Then there is Olsewski, Boykin, Anthony Miller, and Austin.
They also signed Hakeem Butler of the XFL.

Somebody will be the odd man out.

1 Like

Is he going to pay us? Otherwise, no.

Fixed it.

Goff is not the right fit for him(not a knock on Goff)

Kenny needs a strong armed QB who can fit it into him

Kenny does not get separation and you could be right, Goff plays smarter ball than Matt and might not just chuck jump-balls up to him.

Incentive based contracts are kinda like gambling on yourself when you think about it.

2 Likes

Antoine Green negates the need to bring any more guys in, barring injury.

Always the best bet

1 Like

Stafford made him? Not even close, we were lucky he was there when we drafted him. Northern Illinois had almost no weapons outside of Kenny, he was all that before he came to Detroit.

2 Likes

Kenny would make a good fit IMO , on a prove it deal.

1 Like

Came here to say this. If the QB understood how to use weapons like Matt did they’d have been more successful in NYG. Golladay only catches the ball if it’s thrown above his head, he’s blind to the ball below the shoulders.

Brad and Dan can “logically” choose to take a hard pass on this one.

1 Like

Golladay was Quinn’s best day two pick. And, he performed better that fellow MAC WR Corey Davis who was drafted No. 5 overall.

I appreciate what Golladay did while here, but it appears the wheels are off the wagon and for a front office that prizes separation, he’s not that guy.

5 Likes