Kenny Golladay update

Yikes. I have been open about being wrong about wanting to re-sign him. Glad I’m not the GM!

7 Likes

I liked KG but not at anything even close to $18M. Crazy for a guy who gets almost no separation. Glad he’s the Giants problem. Kudos to Brad

3 Likes

A lovely parting gift from Gettleman…

3 Likes

Good move by Holmes and Campbell to ditch him

5 Likes

What comp pick did we get for Golladay?

Kirby Joseph

4 Likes

He was always dependent on a strong armed qb………with balls of steel.

3 Likes

Stitcher GIF by LeVar Burton
Thursday will mark 22 months since the last touchdown scored by Golladay.

5 Likes

Escape from Detroit cap hell.

4 Likes

And to BQ for holding firm at only $16M per year…

2 Likes

2019 was easily KG’s best year, Stafford only started 8 of those games.
A rookie UDFA started 5 of those games.
It seems as though Kenny was always dependent of wanting to get a big contract.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

4 Likes

I have no idea why they are harping on “he doesn’t get separation”. He never got separation!!! He was a go up and get it guy, who stafford obviously made look good because he could make those passes.

I’m not upset the Giants are dealing with this. Of the two NY teams I always liked the jets better because of Curtis Martin.

That’s neither here nor there. Signing him to that contract is exactly what our GM is not doing!

2 Likes

You nailed it. Golladay was so successful here because Stafford, for better or worse, is fearless and trust his guys to make a play. More often than not golladay did.

3 Likes

That’s Curtis(My Favorite) Martin - Chris Berman…Ode to famous 60’s TV Show with Ray Walston.

2 Likes

Sure, you can say that if you want. With stafford he had 7 touchdowns and 678 yards and was more impactful with 4 100 plus receiving games. He also averaged 85 yards a game.

Without stafford he has 4 tds, 1 hundred yard game where 75 yards came on a broken play. And he averaged 63 yards a game. Not sure he gets anywhere close to his money numbers w out stafford.

4 Likes

I don’t think they were given a choice. Kenny and Marv loved Matt Stafford and didn’t want any part of a rebuild that didn’t involve him.

1 Like

Definite example of Stafford making the WR better than the WR making the QB better

3 Likes

The point is, KG did quite well with some not-so-great QB’s that year…definitely debunks this thought that he was dependent on a strong arm QB.

1 Like

I agree but all his success was before he started getting hurt all the time. I think that’s the biggest issue now for KG. His body is a mess.

2 Likes

Honestly, he didn’t. 65 yards a game average? That isn’t great at all. Not for a guy wanting 18 million a year. You comment just smells a lot like a stafford zinger…….it is what it is….you were saying this last year. It’s fine. We just definitely disagree here.

1 Like