Kevin James to play Sean Payton in football movie

So for anyone who hasn’t heard yet, Kevin James has been cast to play Sean Payton in an upcoming Netflix movie. I know what you are thinking and I did too!

But reading a little deeper, it appears its not going to be a serious movie. Its going to focus on Sean Payton’s year long suspension where he was coaching 6th graders. Adam Sandler is involved and so is Happy Madison Productions.

1 Like

He’d make a better Rex Ryan than Sean Payton.

As tight as Sandler is within his own little bubble, you’d think he was from New England.

1 Like

So if the Sean Payton movie is called “Home Town”, I’d presume the Rex Ryan movie would be called “Foot Ball”.

3 Likes

Love Kevin James! If you’ve never seen his stand-up comedy, “Sweat the Small Stuff”, I highly recommend.
He’s one of the best, clean comics that doesn’t swear in his routines…but I like the obnoxious guys who swear a bunch too.

1 Like

I’ll bet the very loosely based on a true story movie will be funny.
I’ve got some work to do before I come back to MI. I can defintietly do some work around distancing myself from the Kevin James physique. LOL.

Looking forward to the movie, and thanks for the heads up

I’m just assuming Patton Oswalt was too busy to take the role.

would have been a better casting choice

Patton Oswalt for the win.

Kevin James was great in King of Queens with old man Stiller. Not sure he resembles Payton very much though.

It’s also pretty funny to me that this movie wouldn’t even be possible had it not been for the Saints bounty gate scandal.

Good coming from bad!

Always looking for His message in the mess!

1 Like