Kicker…2 years in the making

If we had a weapon at kicker, Dan would be able to take the points more often. It all comes down to %s between taking the kick or going for it. Brad has gotta fix this.

Most of the board was complaining about Brad neglecting the position and how we were gonna lose games because we can’t hit a 50+ yarder at a critical time. Well a trip to the Super Bowl was compromised because we couldn’t trust our kicker with a 48 yarder. It’s pathetic in todays NFL to not be able to trust your kicker 40-49 yards.

3 Likes

I have beat this horse to death and I believe it is a major influence is Dan making some of these decisions. If we had a reliable kicker like Jason Hanson, Campbell at least kicks the 47 yarder to tie the game, IMO.

2 Likes

Hm. why did we cut patterson again?

Because he couldn’t make the 54 yard FG that the Honey Badger did in the Rams game, which we won by 1 point.

5 Likes

because his kicks are a wild, inconsistent adventure and he suuucks

I think reliability has influenced only a couple of decisions all year.

This game was about keeping pace with a sleeping giant. FG’s don’t keep pace. It was about yards to the sticks and field position more than FG yards, too.

That’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Anyone from Tuscaloosa would tell you Reichard was money for the Crimson Tide all season in the most high-pressure moments. He was 22-of-25 on field goal kicks and a perfect 55-of-55 on extra points in 2023.

Little from Arkansas will probably be the first kicker drafted. He’s pretty good on anything inside 60.

College extra points are gimmies though. It’s only a story if they have misses. They should all be very close to 100%

Personally I want Missouri K Harrison Mevis, not only because he’s got a cannon for a leg (hit a 61 yarder to beat KSU), but because at 5’11, 250 he’s got a great nickname: the Thiccer Kicker.

He’s money from distance but strangely had a few issue with short range kicks, I think he got some bad advice re: his footwork, which to me is fixable. Very choppy from in close. Here’s the game-winning 61-yarder he crushed to beat KSU:

Dude literally had him kick a 54 yarder vs Rams I got out of my seat and walked away

He sunk it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.