Kiper's updated NFL mock draft: Who's moving up for a QB? Three trades in a

Kiper has us taking Christian Gonzalez at No. 6 overall, and Drew Sanders at No. 18.

1 Like

Doesn’t Kiper know that Derrick Barnes is coming?

1 Like

You tell us @Jman - You are Kiper after all right!?

Mel Kiper is a buffoon. A self promoting “Draft” analyst. I would like to know his hit % on the draft projections he puts out.

Kiper, probably

2 Likes

I really like Drew Sanders. He would be a solid pickup. And of course I am a Gonzalez fan.

I think Gonzales is likely to be so impressive in Indy that combined with his 2022 performance (and rapid improvement) he’ll start to pull away as CB1.

1 Like

If no one likes Mel Kiper who is the best draft analyst just aksing

I’ll answer my own question, this is from the first round of the 2022 draft

Charlie Campbell picked the correct position drafted in the first round for 18 of the teams and got 11 of the correct players, that is pretty good. Cheah got half the players correct, pretty impressive.

2 Likes

Kiper is the man

1 Like

You tell us @Jman - You are Kiper after all right!?
@stephenboyd57

I am not, sorry bub.

Shoutout to Kiper he was to the draft game what Jigga was to the rap game

ESPN really lighting it up there!

1 Like

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

I’ll always have a soft spot for Mel. He is the OG when it comes to draft leadup. There is an entire industry where there was once only Mel. He’s trying so hard to adapt.

3 Likes

100%. He is the top CB, and perhaps the top overall athlete in this draft. Been watching a lot more of his tape this week and he’s got all the traits of a true shutdown corner:

•exceptional speed to carry deep routes (4.34)
•elite agility to flip hips, transition backpedal
•size, strength, and length
•great hands/ball skills to force turnovers

If Brad goes CB at 6 I’m convinced he will select Gonzalez. Spoon plays like a junkyard dog but he’s not the super-high-upside purebred athlete Gonzalez is. He could be Patrick Peterson.

3 Likes

Kiper’s been reading my board again.

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor
Mel’s a good old guy. He’s a draft geek just like all of us. He takes it all so seriously that he makes himself an easy target. But it’s because he loves scouting football players. He’s got a passion man. Let Mel be Mel !

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.