Kyler Murray crow!

You never understood this argument because this argument never happened …

These discussions were taking place Pre -Combine when the rumors were swirling via Kiper and Mc Shay and nearly everyone else that Murray could be as short as 5’8 maybe 5’9 185 -190 lbs with hands smaller than 9 inches …once the combine came and went it was no longer the case…

Prior to the Combine he would have been small even for a small QB …Him being the size that he really was and packing on weight and more importantly the hand size was very good …No longer made him a first or at the very least not uncharted territory in stature for a QB …
He is still a midget regardless and being an outlier or small minority does not change that.

As far as eating Crow on Murray … He is exactly what I thought he would be if he stayed healthy .

Nothing to write home about, a QB that is heavily dependent on his legs and speed a QB that would not excel passing the football outside the pocket , He would be a good pocket QB as he has a cannon and good vision but only if he has a lane and he must be in shotgun, under center is out of the question. . His height compounded with his release and velocity will continue to be an issue as a pocket passer as I said it would be …and has been …

In his short 18 career games he has thrown away 30 passes and has had 22 passes batted down at or behind the line of scrimmage . I don’t think Stafford has 22 passes batted down at or behind the line of scrimmage in his entire career .

Nothing to write home about? Ok lol

1 Like

I’ll wait until the end of this year to make my assessment about Murray, he’s been better than I thought he’d be early, I just don’t see how he’s going to survive in the league long term. As it stands, I put him on par with Vick

The kid is good. Guys there is nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong… :man_shrugging:

Didn’t Stafford have 6 passes batted down in one game?

And Kirk Cousins was on pace in 2018 to have 32 passes batted down, i don’t think he ever hit that mark but the point is Cousins is 6’3".

@snags…so is Stafford :laughing:

I didn’t have a strong opinion of him coming out. He is great on his feet. A little jitterbug. He can be erratic at times, brilliant at other times throwing the ball. I’m much less scared of his passing though. But this is gonna be the worst D he’s faced so…

In his short 18 games played he gets sacked 3 times a game , his avg pass attempt is 6.4 yds …and he averages 234 yards a game
He has only 5 games in which he was in the positive for passing TD’s , the other 13 games he either has more Int’s then TD passes or he broke even .

Nothing has changed for me . I’m not a fan of this style or of his size for a QB for longevity purposes in the NFL . He is a talented kid , I never thought he would be bad …I also don’t see why he is being pumped at this point or that he is doing anything that deserves QB play praise beyond the avg .

I really did. I thought he was gonna suck. Apparently, I am wrong much more than I am correct on football prognostication.

For those of you who are gamblers, bet against my advice. :wink:
GO LIONS!

2 Likes

He doesn’t get hit hard.

It actually kinda bothers me because instead running for a few yards he’ll slide down even if it results in a loss of yards.

They probably coached him up to do it like that

1 Like

I remember Lincoln Riley comparing Murray to Barry Sanders… that Murray like Barry has a special knack for avoiding big hits. Murray really hasn’t taken much of a beating at all in the NFL. He also has a pretty thick frame. I don’t see it being an issue for him.

1 Like

You must not watch him play. He looked great against one of the better defenses in the league in San Fran. Pretty much the same size as Russell Wilson who seems to be doing alright. He’s a dual threat offensive weapon and looks awfully special to me for a kid in his second season. His ceiling is higher than RW’s to. He’s got future MVP written all over him.

1 Like

I have a good idea of who said they’d eat their hat but honestly don’t totally remember, it wasn’t you.

But I do remember you arguing for 10 pages with LionsSlashWings and me (and about 5 others) that Murray was too small and that he’d never last in the NFL.

@Air2theThrown is right but I’m sure you’re going to do your same old run-around on how you didn’t say that, everyone misunderstood, they have bad reading comprehension, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, not many thought Murray was going to go #1 overall, not even after the Combine. I posted an article about him possibly going #1 overall early on, almost no one thought it would happen…some warmed-up to it later.
Are you saying that it wasn’t you calling him a midget?
Are you gonna tell us all that you thought KM was going to go #1 overall?
This should be fun.

Should be fun because you are wrong yet again .

100% I called him a midget. I called him a midget earlier today a couple posts above , because as an NFL QB he is a midget.

Did I think Murray would go #1 when early draft talk started mid to late December if he entered the Draft? …Nope & not before Wilks was fired … Not a chance in hell not even top 10

Once Kingsbury was hired 100% I thought Murray would go #1 to Arizona only and IF Murray chose the NFL over Baseball (I do not think he would have without assurance he would be the pick at #1)
I was not sure he would choose the NFL over Baseball . Did I think he should go #1 ?..Absolutely not …
Once the Cardinals chose Kingsbury which was early January and before Murray threw his name into the Draft I knew Murray would go #1 .
I was so sure of it , later on in the process I argued with you even after I posted a topic about How the Cardinals signed Brett Hundley and that was further proof that Murray will go #1 and that it would solidify Rosen not being a fit for what Kingsbury wants at QB and Rosen would be traded …Remember that?

What you remember is not accurate more of you mixing many a past topic and trying to paint your narrative with bits of truth . What was being argued was my stance on how a QB with Murray’s size , skill set and tendency to take off and run not being conducive to holding up at the NFL level , that his small stature would make him more susceptible to injury …I remember it clearly you even used Warrick Dunn as an example as to how size plays no role in injury…The argument went on and on over Physics (Which you knew nothing about ) and when specific Laws of physics were misapplied by LSW to which he owned …
So again I never claimed Murray would not last, I could not possibly know that or pretend to know he would not last , (I don’t think he will ) only that he was more likely to be injured because of his size and tendency to take off as an NFL QB .

No Air is not right . The arguments about Murrays size were pre combine (at least it was for me) and I know this because I stated several times that being 2 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter than Russell Wilson is a huge difference/a big deal, that they do not resemble one another and that he made a small QB R.Wilson look big, he would be small even for a RW standard and again it was being said that he would measure between 5’8 and under 5’9 at approx 180-185 lbs with tiny hands .

Don’t you get tired of always being wrong ?

If we redrafted the 2019 NFL draft today Arizona without a doubt still takes Murray. This talk of him not being special is laughable. Anyone who thought Murray wasn’t special will eat their crow soon enough.

Same shit, different day. Not old at all.
Funny how you remember your points but none of the points that proved you wrong then and now.

Your physics are such a small portion of the equation of two imperfect objects hitting each other that I never bothered to get involved, it was a dead-end road that you couldn’t get past that meant next-to-nothing.

And the Hundley argument was another empty argument. The Cards signing Hundley meant as much as us signing Chase Daniels and saying our OC doesn’t like QB’s that can run…oh wait, Bevell and Russell Wilson. Murray is a pocket passer. Mahommes is no faster than Stafford.

You saying stupid stuff before knowing the facts about Murray’s height and size doesn’t dismiss you as being wrong, sorry. It’s very typical of you to try adding stipulations after the fact to try and validate why you’re wrong. This is why I said you’ll do your same old run-around on how you didn’t say that, everyone misunderstood, they have bad reading comprehension, etc. It’s your same tired, old game.

2 Likes

Snags you have never and will never prove me wrong everything I wrote above is fact .
Lets face it you have the reading comprehension of a Grade Schooler …You constantly read something that is not accurate. Would you like me to pull them up for you ?
You know nothing about physics…zero …you tried plenty in that thread and failed miserably and sounded like Cliff from Cheers …

The Hundley signing was spot on, because you lack or cant grasp that Hundley allows Kingsbury to keep the same game plan in play should Murray go out while Rosen did not… is again on you …

Do you want another lesson on how a college field differs from the NFL ?
Do you want another lesson on what a vertical route is ?
Do you want another lesson on what RPO is ?

Before knowing the facts ??? Hahahaha you were arguing why Murray being 5’8-5’9 was fine and that he could add on weight …Did you wait until you had the official combine measurements before you did so ? Were those measurements pulled out of your ass ? No they were being reported by Kiper and Mc Shay …pre combine along with many others

How was I wrong ?

The same old run around Snags …it’s not a run around. It’s having to break through your ridiculous take of what was written because you lack reading comprehension skills. It is tired and old, so brush up on those skills so I do not have to constantly school you .

The Lions man scheme typically doesn’t work very well against mobile QB’s. I don’t think Patricia is ever willing to shift to move zone coverage, so I think I know how this one will end.

Murray is going to have a great day.

Cards 41
Lions 24