Lamar Jackson receive NON-Exclusive franchise tag

Maybe he wants to be taken more seriously? I have no interest in being taken seriously so I have no idea where he’s coming from, but I hear it’s important to some.

6 Likes

lion GIF

1 Like

I wonder if Lamar even knows how this works at this point. Ravens needed to pull this trigger.

Odd. I like Matt. Enjoy his prose, his sense of humor and what not. I can’t imagine i’d like “Serious Matthew Berry”.

1 Like

I mean his article did start out with the line “my nipples are hard for Allen Lazard,” so I don’t think we’re talking peak journalism here.

6 Likes

That’s more like it.

With you Weas. I think Ravens handled this correctly.

If Lamar makes a Hurts like improvement on throwing the ball then watch out. But it’s hard to imagine him holding up for years with his playing style

1 Like

YeH, Berry to me is overrated. He’s not that edgy, funny, insightful or, well anything he is made out to be.

The mainstream sports media guys like him because he isn’t and can do funnier stuff than they can becausenof his forums.

Sportstalk went either the bombast route like SAS and Shay Shay/Cowherd or they went shockyjockey like Mad Dog or Jim Rome.

Berry is trying to chart a Seth McFarlane route, hes just not talented enough.

2 Likes

And yet I still prefer him to those other guys. None are great though, I rarely listen to/read any of them.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

So weve had 5 teams come out and say no to lamar

Raiders
Falcons
Panthers
Commanders
Dolphins

I think owners are making a line here, they dont want to give a fully Gtd contract

Ballsy move by EDC, but its starting to payoff unless jets get desperate

2 contracts isn’t an outlier anymore.

The owners could be f*cked if Snyder does it

2 Likes

I think it’s something else, they’re all agreeing to respect the non-exclusive tag like it’s the exclusive tag. If it was about not giving him 100% guaranteed money these teams would be making him offers structured like normal NFL contracts and hoping that theirs is the best offer he gets.

This time last year the Falcons and Panthers were lining up for a sexual deviant who missed a year and had an upcoming suspension, but now they’re out on a recent MVP without even formally kicking the tyres? Madness.

Cause they werent gonna give him the fully guaranteed contract

i think outside of the browns and maybe reports of 1 team that was willing to match

you do this, and every top 10 qb is gonna want a fully guaranteed contract, which owners wont budge on.

having a bunch of teams needing QB1’s coming out and saying no to pursuing lamar (Falcons account even retweeted that they wouldnt pursure, which is something i dont think ive seen before tbh.)

I think FO’s would be willing to do it, but the Owners wont.

1 Like

actually what makes this situation werid is that teams can give lamar a big contract, and ravens can match

doesnt need to be fully guaranteed. Situation is weird though, this is gonna be a long offseason with this one tbh.

It does feel a little institutional.

1 Like

I think its simply cause he wants a fully guaranteed contract

and if he knocks down the guarantees down a bit, he would get bidders.

With all these QB’s getting new deals we need to extend Goff after the draft before it cost us 50M per year next year.