Last-ish to first-ish

Watched the Kurt Warner movie on an airplane the other day. First of all, why do sports movies always make one well up with man-tears? It could be a documentary on falcon trainers and at some point during the story arc I’ll be wiping my eyes

But it got me thinking, there’s a few parallels to the 99 Rams and the 2022 Lions. They were 5-11 and 4-12 the two years prior and had an Oline just gelling as well as some fast young receivers

It did all come together for them when they got Marshall Faulk for a song and Kurt Warner became Kurt Warner. But I don’t see why our RB stable can’t stay a threat all year and I don’t see why Goff can’t channel his inner Kurt

What are the chances our offense becomes top ten, we win 12 games and make a Super Bowl run?

6 Likes

I think for that scenario Swift has to stat healthy. No rb we have does what Swift does, and Swift isn’t Faulk, but has a lot if Faulk like abilities. Faulk according to Vermeil and Warner is what made that offense work like it did

I hope your right though, it would sure bevfun to watch!

1 Like

I mean really, for this to truly imitate the '99 Rams, you would need Jared Goff to tear his ACL in the pre-season, and have Tim Boyle become Kurt Warner. Care to take that gamble?

5 Likes

lol. was hoping we could skip that step and have Goff be our Warner

3 Likes

If Dan Campbell gives the “we will rally around Tim Boyle and we will play good football” speech I don’t think any of us are going to buy it.

we suck again GIF

2 Likes

Warner had 3 seasons in arena ball and 1 in NFL Europe, and did well in both. Teams just kept passing on him, like we should be doing with both of our backups.

4 Likes

Let’s not forget about Jefferson or Netflix taking another step next year… I hope for the best with swift as well, but until he proves he can stay relatively healthy for a whole year, he’s hard to count on being available.

That being said, I think we got our Torry Holt in Jamo! And Goff can be every bit as good as Warner. Just takes a good system, consistent coaching and trust… and I’m sure a ton of other things I have no idea about.

I don’t expect us to be the 99 Rams this year, but I think we take a legit step forward

4 Likes

I can’t remember if I cried once or twice, during that one. LOL.
In the theatre too.

And yes - Warner grew up as a leader and a man.
Brother Goff → Get that shit done!
If anyone can do it, it’s Coach Dan. My faith in him boosts my faith in Goff. I’d be far less enthused about the prospect of Goff’s growth, if he were with any other coach. Goff CAN do this, but he has to challenge his identity and shift. I know he will, but how much? Goff’s going to have no choice but to improve.

Look at the energy he is surrounded with…every. Single. Interview.

Goff is getting fueled with the exact same stuff they are, and when they are together, it’s going to amplify it.

3 Likes

I thought it was a bit telling how much Goff changed when DC took over and Lynn got relegated to the booth. DC talking to him and working with him definitely had an impact, and it was so telling after they beat the Vikings, the first person Goff ran to and hugged was DC. That meant a lot to me and was a glimpse into their relationship.

6 Likes

I’m sold. David Blough is actually Kurt Warner Jr!!

1 Like

Ben Johnson will be our Martz. Once he became passing coordonator last year, things started popping

6 Likes

From your mouth to Gods ears, lol

3 Likes

I would love nothing more than for David Blough to blow up the NFL

2 Likes

Me too! But be careful of this…

1 Like

LOL I’m laughing my ass off right now!

Colon Blow…

Dan “Colin Blow” Campbell.

He’s gonna blow out the NFC!

2 Likes

Colon Blow is a serious problem in today’s modern world.

Dan “Colin Blow” Campbell is taking us to the promise land!! Which might be a bidet, but I’d hope it’s a super bowl run. lol

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard, bidets are on another level

2 Likes

haha yep

The Best GIF

1 Like

If Goff tore his ACL in the preseason Baker Mayfield, Nick Foles, or Jimmy Garrappolo would likely be the QB for the Lions.

1 Like

Maybe… that’s an interesting hypothetical…

1 Like